Is there a recording software for Sirius

Not that I am aware of. There have been some hints that Timetrax was working on one for Sirius though.

@ 420greg,

Perchance could you provide amplifying information on the Sirius version of TimeTrax?

From the TimeTrax FAQs http://www.timetraxtech.com/tt_support_faqs.asp#serius

“Do you have a version for Sirius?
We do not have a version that works with Sirius satellite radio. Sirius has no equivalent to the XMPCR”.

Sirius does not have a satellite receiver that has a computer interface. How would the TimeTrax software receive/capture the Artist/Title information?

If you could provide additional information about the Sirius version of TimeTrax it would be very interesting to hear more information about this new software program.

Best Regards,
Retsaoc

All it would take is for Terk or someone to make an automotive universal Sirius tuner like Terk's XM Direct module for XM and some custom software and a USB control module.

The TimeTrax Complete system (which includes a tuner which is not the XMPCR) uses the XM Direct module, a USB converter and a power supply. I believe TT would require a fairly mild re-write to accomodate a Sirius Direct type tuner module if there ever is such a thing.

@ BFG,

The topic of this thread is TimeTrax and Sirius.

I am aware that they make computers. In fact have 5 computers. In keeping on topic could you be gracious explain to me and other forum members how I go about using TimeTrax to record Sirius programming on my computer?

Regards,
Retsaoc

Hello Folks,

For TimeTrax to work you need to have a means to capture the Artist/Title information and some how send this information to your computer. Unfortunately Sirius does not have a satellite receiver similar to the XM PCR.

Sirius does make the Sirius Kenwood KTC-SR903, which is somewhat similar to the XMDirect. Unfortunately no one at this time has figured out to enable the KTC-SR903 to operate like a PCR.
h113SR903-f_dmt-fa.jpeg

In this thread 420greg stated that there would be TimeTrax version for Sirius in the near future. I was hopping that 420greg could provide amplifying information on this topic.

Best Regards,
Retsaoc

A Sirius Apple

Rumors are getting stronger and stronger about the Bipod (a Sirius Apple). The link below is the latest PR about the rumor and CES:

CNN Money Article

"Industry sources expect Sirius to showcase new recording capabilities for existing products." ;)

timetrax and sirius

big news out today in the New York Times.

the article is posted in the timetrax forum.

Sirius_Rich said:
Rumors are getting stronger and stronger about the Bipod (a Sirius Apple). The link below is the latest PR about the rumor and CES:

CNN Money Article

"Industry sources expect Sirius to showcase new recording capabilities for existing products." ;)

If this happens it is freaking huge for Sirius. I have heard this rumor in the past but it was with XM. Guess we will see at CES.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts