Is there a way to move location of satellites on the sat list in a Pansat 3500sd?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mastermesh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
I realize you can edit names and stuff in edit tp menu, and can move channels in edit channel menu of the Pansat 3500 sd, but is there a way to move the locations of satellites in the list up and down so that you can line the satellites out from east to west or vice versa, without having to manually change sattellite names and what not? When you sort channels by satellite it defaults to sort by the order in the satellite list. There doesn't seem to be a way to change that list so that sorting by satellite will make the line up from east to west go well without manually renaming every satellite on the list and redoing a blind scan on each. For now, I've manually moved a lot of channels up and down the list in edit channel and am just using that for now, but it'd be nice if I could get it to just sort by satellite and all the channels on each satellite would be together, ordered from east to west. I don't dare touch the sort by options as everything is ok for now, but when I scan in more channels, it gets annoying having to drag them up and down the list of around 400 or so channels.

I have mnost of em ordered from East to West at the moment so that G10r shows up as like the 3rd or so channel and up, with White Springs as channel 2 and the "election" channel as channel 1.

Too bad they don't have a sort by Usals degrees with an option for east to west or west to east.

Last edited:
I downloaded that from pansat's site, but couldn't figure out what to do with it. Do you run the program on a computer and open the bin files in there and move things around or do you somehow load the program in to the receiver? I've spent a lot of time getting things to where they are, and really don't want to screw em up.

You need to upload the data from the receiver (don’t worry. Everything stays the same on the receiver) to your computer, edit it how you like, then reload it back.

Everything will stay the same on the receiver until you download from the computer. Then it overrides the existing. So you can upload it and play without screwing up anything on the box :D

Is there a way to upload the bin file to the computer directly off of the sd card? I don't think the pansat came with the cord you need to do the connection to the com port on the computer.

Yes. You can backup and restore channel and system bins to the SD card. You can then use a card reader to get it back and forth from the computer.

:hatsoff:

I guess my problem question should be how do you open the bin file on the sd card in gtools or channelmaster? I open the program, and see a pull down box to selct a file. I selct the bin and try open and all it does is give me an error after a long while. There's other pull downs in the same screen about the receiver's port speed, etc.

I think there's a setting I'm missing somewhere. I think many weeks back when I first downloaded this thing I got the demo bin file to open, but now I'm at a loss as to how the heck I got that to work.

mastermesh said:
I guess my problem question should be how do you open the bin file on the sd card in gtools or channelmaster?

I couldn't get gTools to open the bin file either! Channel Master will open the bin file on the sd card and you can edit it in that program. As well, Channel Master has the option to save the bin file as a gTools files (gtd) and then you can open and edit it in gTools (then save and re-open it in Channel Master and save it as a bin file).

I haven't done any editing/re-arranging and then uploading back to my Pansat 3500sd, so don't know how well it works. Good luck!

You say channel master WILL open bin files directly from the SD card? Guess I'll need to play with it some more to figure it out. Just to make sure that I have the right thing, both gtools and channel masters are in the same zip file on pansat's website - right?

mastermesh said:
You say channel master WILL open bin files directly from the SD card? Guess I'll need to play with it some more to figure it out. Just to make sure that I have the right thing, both gtools and channel masters are in the same zip file on pansat's website - right?

Channel Master will open the bin file on the SD card (I copied it from the SD card on to my hard drive via a card reader).

Channel Master is not in the zip file on Pansat's website. Only the special Pansat 3500 version of the gTools program is in the zip file for channel editing.

Channel Master can be downloaded here:
http://www.sharpc.com/CM/update.aspx

Thanks for the link. I'll try it out this weekend. Doing this all inside of a little software program like that will probably be a heck of a lot faster than going back to factory settings and manually redoing blind scans on the entire arc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)