Is there a way to stop it from recording these ad's?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hometheaterman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
I notice every week or so that I have an recording listed of an advertisement for Dish 99 cent movies, or something similar. Well, tonight I was sitting here watch tv and it popped up saying a recording would start in 3 minutes. Unsure of what it was and not thinking I just hit cancel so it would close the pop up. Next thing I know the channel changed to a 101 to start recording this advertisement. Is there a way to turn this crap off? If the DVR's were free like they used to be I'd not have an issue, but it's ridiculous I have to pay for the DVR service and then it's always recording some adds that I don't want.

Only thing you can really do is skip them when you catch them... If you delete them (from the timers list) they just come back.

hometheaterman - don't worry man. You have every right, and are perfectly justified, at being annoyed at unsolicited crap showing up in your DVR. There will always be Dish apologists on this site that are not only always ok with everything the company does, they will assign blame to those who don't.

I never understand the emotional attachment people form with brands and companies.

Why complain??? Lol. Just kidding. My dvr is almost maxed out and I dont gave the funds to buy an external. I understand completely, and no there is no way to disable them. We are stuck with tge annoyance.

Saw it in my list to record so just set it to skip. I already know about the $.99 movies coming this weekend. Maxed out in timers? been there done that & have gripped several times we have to few timers available. Maxed out HDD then you just need to add an EHD to you system.

When an event like this is pushed out to be recorded, it isn't recorded to the same area as your DVR recordings. It goes to a space in the hard drive just for VOD and recordings like this so it won't max out your hard drive. I understand it is frustrating to those who do not want it but there is no way to stop this other than deleting it when you see it happening.

When an event like this is pushed out to be recorded, it isn't recorded to the same area as your DVR recordings. It goes to a space in the hard drive just for VOD and recordings like this so it won't max out your hard drive. I understand it is frustrating to those who do not want it but there is no way to stop this other than deleting it when you see it happening.

And although I may not care about the event it's a good way to get information to subscribers.

I would like to see something like this to highlight when new channels are added. Most of us here have a good idea but there are some users that would have no idea until they stumble across them.

If this was the case then why when I deleted it did the available space change? It doesn't bother me but Dish already takes a part of our hard drives for VOD.

[FONT=&quot]So that was a myth (that has been around for some time) that it was recorded to the VOD content portion of the drive. It will record to the hard drive, and I have passed along about filling up the DVR and deleting recordings if not protected.[/FONT]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts