Is there an easy way to install a Twin Universal LNBF on a Primestar dish??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

MikeI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2004
I have 2 twin lnbf's http://www.fortecstar.com/estore/storefront/default.asp?ProductID=18&CategoryID=7 that I want to put on 40X30 Primestar dishes for IA 6 and AMC 1 to replace some aging original Primestar lnb's. Is there an easy way to do this w/o a bunch of tape? Is there some type of holder that can be bought?

I know a Primestar lnb can fit on a 100 cm Fortec dish with the black 2 screw clamp, but a fortec lnbf is too wide to fit where the holes go for a Primestar lnb on a Primestar dish.

Thanks,
Mike

I cut away a section of the plastic housing on the bottom and top of the throat just ahead of the feedhorn. The diameter of the exposed metal throat fit the P* bracket much better and it matched the focal point of the original * lnb.

Yeah and cut a section of hose clamp and use the same screws that held the P* lnb. Works great. :)

MikeI said:
I have 2 twin lnbf's http://www.fortecstar.com/estore/storefront/default.asp?ProductID=18&CategoryID=7 that I want to put on 40X30 Primestar dishes for IA 6 and AMC 1 to replace some aging original Primestar lnb's. Is there an easy way to do this w/o a bunch of tape? Is there some type of holder that can be bought?
I know a Primestar lnb can fit on a 100 cm Fortec dish with the black 2 screw clamp, but a fortec lnbf is too wide to fit where the holes go for a Primestar lnb on a Primestar dish.
Thanks,
Mike

Whatever happened to all of those "Charter Anywhere" satellite dishes that has a switch and two lnbf's on it with a skew? Those would be a nice find.

lsat said:
I cut away a section of the plastic housing on the bottom and top of the throat just ahead of the feedhorn. The diameter of the exposed metal throat fit the P* bracket much better and it matched the focal point of the original * lnb.

Yeah and cut a section of hose clamp and use the same screws that held the P* lnb. Works great. :)

Thanks. I'll try something like this over the weekend to see if I have any luck.

Stargazer said:
Whatever happened to all of those "Charter Anywhere" satellite dishes that has a switch and two lnbf's on it with a skew? Those would be a nice find.

They are all over the place here in La but they belong to the cable co. unless they don't pick them up. Cox cable also uses them for the HITS system.

Does Invacom make a lnbf that isn't universal? I see these in another thread fit nicely on the Primestar mount.

There are all over the place in alabama too. I have a friend that works at Charter that gave me a bunch of them. It was the first time I had ever seen them before. I remember I posted a pic of them on here trying to find out what the spacing was on the two lnbs. I never got a answer. Its for the Charter Anywhere service that was done away with but no one ever knew what satellites they "looked" at. The back of the lnb holder says: Part# 3041215 I know its for the 84E dish with the skew setting on the back.

What is Cox cable's HITS system. Is it someway to get Cox cable even if you live where there is no cable lines. Isn't that what Charter Anywhere used to be?

Yes. I am not sure if Charter picked them back up or just left them where they were at. Someone told me once that they were going to get the locals in that area but I figured something was not right with that because it was not even on the Dish and DirecTv satellites yet.

Here's a pic of the Twin LNB holder

Attachments

• Picture 152.jpg
    Picture 152.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 178
I've looked over the HITS website as for numerous Charter Anywhere document with no mention of what satellites they used. I am mainly looking to find out the degree spacing of the two LNB's. Anyone have any info?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts