Is there an generic outboard DVR I can use for my satellite receiver, etc.?

mwdxer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Seaside Oregon
I like my Pansat 9500, but I have had issues with recording on the thumb drive. It seem to record okay, but I must be doing something wrong, as I cannot get the record timer to function. I was thinking using an outboard DVR unit to record to. There are OTA DVR units, but for the big dish satellite receiver?

Much less hassle and likely at a similar cost to instead purchase new STB technology and equipment that properly records.

To add a separate DVR, the STB timers would still need to work properly to change channels between recordings.

Much less hassle and likely at a similar cost to instead purchase new STB technology and equipment that properly records.

To add a separate DVR, the STB timers would still need to work properly to change channels between recordings.

It might be me, as the 9500 does record to the HDD. However, I cannot figure out how to get the timers to record to work. The manual is rather vague. It may right fine, but it could be the operator.

I found something that might help in the first post of the following thread:
Review of Pansat 9500HDX

Timed recording works well as long as the local time is manually set first. same trouble with keeping time on UTG if the EPG info on the satellite stream doesn't support it. Timeshift jumps are adjustable to 30 sec, 1 min, 5 min, 10 min or 30 min intervals. Recording using the remote red "record" button enables selection of time beginning at 2 hrs decreasing in .5 hr steps. Recordings are in TS stream as expected....

If that ^^^ doesn't work then I would do as Titanium suggested - get a new receiver.

Reactions: Titanium
You can purchase a HDMI recorder, a small box that plugs in-line with your HDMI output from a device like a STB or other. It records to a USB drive. I don't know if there is one out there that can be scheduled.

Reactions: truckracer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts