Is there an HD receiver for two rooms?

sam999

Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
midwest - U.S.A.
I'm looking at upgrading from standard to HD on two TVs. I have a 322 box (no DVR) from Dish Network and it's good. I never got a DVR because I didn't see the need for one (already had a VCR, hooked it up to that).

Is there such a thing as an HD receiver without DVR? Is there a box that provides HD to two TVs (TV1 and TV2)? :confused:

Hi sam999, There are HD recievers without DVR and they can work one or two TVs but these HD Duo recievers will only have HD output on TV1 and TV2 will be SD. If you want HD on both TV's you will need two HD recievers which will be a $7.00 a month increase over what you have now. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

I'm looking at upgrading from standard to HD on two TVs. I have a 322 box (no DVR) from Dish Network and it's good. I never got a DVR because I didn't see the need for one (already had a VCR, hooked it up to that).

Is there such a thing as an HD receiver without DVR? Is there a box that provides HD to two TVs (TV1 and TV2)? :confused:

VCR, OMG!

A DVR can record in HD. It can alo pause live TV and allow you to record up to four channels at once. Can your VCR do ANY of that?

actually all of the HD boxes can output an HD signal to two HDtvs, both outputs are live. you would just need to run a long HDMI cable or set of Component cables to the second tv. now, both tv's will only be able to view the same program but if you don't need independent viewing then one box can serve two tvs. just FYI

What the hell is a VCR? :)

I actually have several hooked up. Really only use 1. And that is to convert my 722's analog tv2 r/w/y output to channel 3 on coax. I use that to feed 2 tv's. The tv in he kitchen can then view either tv2 output or the lifeline cable hooked up to the vcr.

But back to the OP. He could get a 722 series for the living room and a 211 for the 2nd tv and pay the $40 to activate an ehd. He could hook that to the tv via hdmi and have the tv2 output from the 722 hooked up to the coax input. That way he could watch and record hd on the 2nd tv and also watch in sd what he has recorded on the 722. Basically, that's the setup I have, except I'm using the analog output I mentioned above to go to the tv I have in my computer room while the tv2 output from my 722 goes to a tv in our downstairs family room.

They are about a year behind and counting, but the Sling 300 receiver will let you get HD on TV2 remotely. You would need either a 722 or 922 receiver to go along with the Sling 300.

Sling Media - Sling Receiver 300

I plan on getting one as soon as it comes out.

This one box is the whole reason I wanted the 922 a year ago. I got one and it turned out to NOT be the receiver I wanted, due to software bugs and limitations that the 722k didn't have . I traded it in to the online retailer I bought it from for a new 722k ,which I still have and love. LUCKILY, once the sling extender is FINALLY released, it will work with the 722k and the sling adapter I bought too. I don't know why DISH is slow bucking on releasing this Sling extender because it would be the perfect solution for my house hold. I have 4 hd tvs in my house and all are Toshiba hd tvs. I have my living room and computer room hooked up to a google revue unit and to both tvs using an hdmi splitter. My son has a 211k + external hard drive in his room. All I need is the sling extender to make my master bedroom tv an HD tv 2 and I would be complete.

Hi sam999, There are HD recievers without DVR and they can work one or two TVs but these HD Duo recievers will only have HD output on TV1 and TV2 will be SD. If you want HD on both TV's you will need two HD recievers which will be a $7.00 a month increase over what you have now. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Only if he gets HD free.

But man get a 722. How anyone can live without DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)