Is there anything beyond or between cband and kuband?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdovell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
From what I read Cband is from 3.700 ghz and 4.200 ghz and ku is from 10.700ghz to 12.750ghz.

I know what spectrum is with reguards to radio and tv dealing from kilohertz to megahertz (like all tv channels you can get with a scanner channels 7 through uhf etc)

What's between 4.200 ghz and 10.700ghz though?I've found the chart at the fcc's site but was just wondering if there's anything beyond in the works.

There is Ka band. I believe as of right now only Directv has plans to use it in near future.

There is also S-Band which is in the 2GHz range. I belive it's mainly used for communications such as the space shuttle and for space craft.

I've listened to SatCom downlinks in the 260 MHz Range. A while back I heard a weather report being given to C-130 aircraft on their way to McMurdo Station in Antarctica. I've also heard some Brazilian pirates and other 2-way comms. The majority of the traffic is encrypted military communications which you'll never be able to monitor.

Here is a good site about UHF Satellite Communications - http://www.uhf-satcom.com

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)