is there coverage for hotbird and nilesat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kwik

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
hello,
is there coverage for hotbird and nilesat or even hispa here in america (Chicago)?? if there is what size dish do i need??
Thank You
Ed

Last edited:
Hispasat @ 30.0w is very watchable. As far as dish size, there is a member of this forum from the Chicago area who gets this bird. He put me on to it. Maybe he will chime in and let you know what size dish he has. I have a 30" (80cm) dish with tree issues for it (not watchable), but I'm using a 1.2m to watch it. You will probably need a 36" (90cm) in Chicago, but I don't know.

Al

you can use a 30" in Chicago. I can see Hispasat and I'm farther west and north of you (Minneapolis)

Elevation is low (10 here in Mpls) but its doable

thats great, at least we get one out of three, i have a 30" dish and im going to try it out. when aiming 30 west it's almost stright west isn't ? or am i wrong?

when aiming 30 west it's almost stright west isn't ? or am i wrong?

No, it's South East in the sky.

. ..... Sat Name Sat Lng Az(t) Az(m) El Skew

Hispasat 1C/D 30.0W 112.8 116.1 15.0 -43.4

What channels do you want from this bird ?

well im trying to get the arabic channels and few spanish ones

From my understanding the Arabic channels are duplicates of those found on IA-5, but the spanish channels are unique to Hispasat with exception of Cubavision Intl. also on Pas 9.

I get Hispasat no problem with my Fortec 90 cm ( 36 inch ) dish.

great, im going to work on it, how about nilesat and hotbird can we get a signal here chicago,

NO , were way below the horizon, so thats a No anywhere in North America for Hotbird and Nilesat

Besides that even if you could, those sats would have to be sending a receivable signal to us, which they're not.

Ya i figured it'd be tough to get it , but what the freq and symbal rate do you use to get the hispa would 65 cm dish work. thanks

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)