Is there something interesting from 69 to x degrees : I need a little motivation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Labgate

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2004
Hello

If you went to my site you know I like to experiment and get as many sats that I can. Right now I'm able to get from about 59 to 131 with my bud.

I'm near Quebec city Canada.

I have a couple of motors with 1.1 meter dishes and I'm able to get from 61.5 to 129 with them. with my invacom lnb. My true sat is at 72 so I guess I should be able to get sats below 61.5, I don't because there is a big tree blocking next to 61.5.

My question is :

I have an extra sg2100 motor and I ordered a 39 inch dish. I wonder if I should try to position this dish at the opposite position in the yard so this tree would not block it.

So is there something interesting from 61.5 to x (I don't know up to where I can see), something worth trying to figure out a good position for this dish.

I would use my spare invacom 0.3 universal lnb with the sg2100 and the 39 inch dish.

I know there are sats there but can I see them and is there some valuable things on this.

Best regards

Labgate

have you tried looking at the lyngsat list, and then with a heading compass, examine some spots in the yard for possible LoS?

Amazonas (61) is a must in my book. PAS 3r (43) has a few cool forgein channels. Hispansat (30) is great too.

Not that you could get it with your motor, but a statiionary at T12 (15W) is suppose to have a few cool channels

scottc98 said:
Amazonas (61) is a must in my book. PAS 3r (43) has a few cool forgein channels. Hispansat (30) is great too.

Not that you could get it with your motor, but a statiionary at T12 (15W) is suppose to have a few cool channels

Hello

I went to lyngsat and checked the sats. What is not clear to me is which sats will I be able to see. I don't know how to check if I can see them from where I am.

I'm able to clear the sky if I want to but I know there are some sats that I can receive and other not. Maybe they are too weak for where I am.

This is why I asked this. From where I am, which sats should I be able to see and is there some valuable things on them.

Best regards

Labgate

When checking Lyngsat, look at the beams for the TP's that you can hit in NA. If you hit the link under "BEAM" it should take you to the sat footprint and you should be able to see if it can hit you and what size dish you may need based on your location.

Hope that helps

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)