Is there special dish for HD installs?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tech007

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
California
Hello everybody I am a DirecTV installer and I am wondering what kind of dish do you guys at Dish Network use for Hi Definition installs? DirecTV installers have to put up this new 50 pound dish that we all hate. How did you guys get away with a regular dish? Thanks for any detailed answer I really want to know.

Not an installer but... right now a Dish 1000 ( slightly larger than a Phase III) will get all channels( 110, 119 and 129 ) marginally in some cases, but... E* mirrors some HD channels on 129 and 61.5 so for some its better to have 2 dishes...(been getting some rain lately and when I get rainfade on E* I pretty much have it on D* also as I have both)

tech007 said:
Hello everybody I am a DirecTV installer and I am wondering what kind of dish do you guys at Dish Network use for Hi Definition installs? DirecTV installers have to put up this new 50 pound dish that we all hate. How did you guys get away with a regular dish? Thanks for any detailed answer I really want to know.

In the northeast HD stations come from the 61.5 satellite and the core SD packages come from the 110 and 119 spots. So we need 2 dishes. For HD we use the regular old 18" Dish 300 which is basically the original dish that both Dish and DirecTV used since the beginning. It was designed to view only one satellite position. For SD we use the slightly larger Dish 500 because it has twin LNBs for seeing the 2 satellite positions.

John

So simple wow. What about Ku and Ka bands? Dont you need to use new narrow band to get HD channels? Directv says that our new dish requires a very precise alignment to get Ku band signals. Therefore new dish have a dithering mechanism on elevation and azimuth we actually need to carry a calculator to align this dish. How does Dish Network get Ku band? If they its at all needed. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)