Is there such a thing as a "good" 622

DryDock

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
I'm moving on to a fourth 622 - can't Dish make one that actually works?

1st - Reboot, reboot, lock and reboot. Average 4-6 reboots a night (only use about 5 hours every night).
Tech comes out, works on whatever.
2nd - Reboots, and later on locks the screen reboots and only works for 10min before rebooting again.
Another Tech comes out - changes the switch.
3rd - Screen flickers at random. Ficker consists of every other frame being dropped and the audio doing the same thing. Pausing and hitting play gets it going again.
4th - Waiting for this one to show up in the mail. Probably another lemon.

Very frustrating. Can't wait for contract to expire and going back to Direct. 6 months to go:mad:.

Even after all this = they still want $200 to get a 722.

-DD

I would suspect you have a site issue. When the next tech comes out, ask him to swap the LNB. If the problem continues, take a coax long enough to go from LNB direct to receiver and hook it up temporarily long enough to confirm the problem. Unhook all other lines at the LNB while doing this temp test to eliminate variables.

Yes E* make good units

It sounds like an install problem. I've had 2 the 1st was one of the C versions that were replaced This 2nd one has given me NO problems. It's been running perfect for over a yr.

They've been out a total of three times.

I'd like to think they would have caught it if it's a site issue.

You're probably right.

-DD

They've been out a total of three times.

I'd like to think they would have caught it if it's a site issue.

You're probably right.

-DD

There's a high rate of turnover. It's highly likely each tech has less than one year of experience. I've been doing this for over 11 years and have very little confidence in the troubleshooting ability of many installers at large.

Mine never restarts on its own ,But sometimes the picture jumps and shakes,at random,and then I try to go on the Customer service interactive,and the screen just blinks ,so you can't see what your selecting.

Almost 12 months now for mine and it's been perfect. I thought I had a problem at first with it going to a black screen anytime something flashed bright, especially during commercials, but it turned out to be the component conversion input or ouput on my Onkyo AV receiver.

My original 622 had reboot issues, which got progressively worse over time. Finally bit the bullet and swapped it out (this was prior to the external hard drive activation, so lost a lot of recorded stuff), but the replacement has been flawless.

Mine will be 2 years old in March, but then back in Nov 06 I bought mi first tv with HDMI only to find out that the 622 Hdmi output doesn't work... They told me to wait, because "it was a software issue" and now I have too many things on the Hard Drive that I don't want to lose. I'm about to get an extenal HD to move the data and then have the unit replaced.

I had my first 622 from November and started to get the reboot issues in December, unplugged it and it started working again. Then I had some more reboot issues on it 2 weeks ago and called Dish and they sent me a new one. The replacement has been working well. I guess we'll see for how long.

My 622 has worked fine for 18 months, and it's a "B" version too (what are they up to now, E or something?) But I think it's a refurbished B, because the manual is beat up and there's a screw on the back panel over the HDMI jack.

My 622 has worked fine for 18 months, and it's a "B" version too (what are they up to now, E or something?) But I think it's a refurbished B, because the manual is beat up and there's a screw on the back panel over the HDMI jack.

Check the serial number. If it starts with a W its a refurb.

Still have my 622s, ordered as soon as they were announce, Claude at Dishstore.net zipped them right out to me when they were released. Never had an issue with them. I do have them on UPSs though to filter the power.

I'm on my 6th now since March 2006, believe it or not. In order:
1) spontaneous reboots, became worse over time
2) spontaneous reboots straight out of the box
3) HDMI kicked the bucket and after several months, got a new one
4) spontaneous reboots, became worse over time to the point where that is all it ever did
5) spontaneous reboots, straight out of the box
6) so far, so good, though the 2nd night I had it, it gave me the catastrophic disk failure message--one hard reboot and haven't had a problem since

It is in a very well-ventilated area, so that shouldn't be the problem, but when #5 showed up in the condition it did, I almost called and canceled in order to activate D*.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)