Is there way to keep my 622 DVR content.....

billybgame

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
Saginaw, MI
Forgive if this is a question long ago answered. But, moving, and I'm thinking putting the Dish service in my fiance's name at the new house would net us a better deal....rather than the Dish Moving service.....don't like the amount I'm paying these days. However, I certainly would like to keep my DVR content. Would be terrible to lose.

We will have 6 TVs we want to hook up. So, if we get the Hopper and 3 Joeys, I think we'd want a 622 or something,for the other 2 TVs....hope I have this right. Anyhow, just hoping there is some way my DVR content can be integrated. Thanks for any insights.

not if you change account numbers......

The EHD crypto stuff is tied to the account.

So, I would need to keep service in my name, then? Or, I have no chance to keep my DVR content? Maybe I'll have to chat or call them, and say I want to keep them, but my bill is too high, so I'm considering other options:) I know it works for others.

You can't mix the 622's with a Hopper setup. With 6 TVs you really want something like 2 Hoppers and 4 Joeys....

you would need to move the content from the 622's to EHD, and keep the same account number. and yes, in your name.

PM a DIRT member for ideas. (the ones in red on the forum page).

You can't mix the 622's with a Hopper setup. With 6 TVs you really want something like 2 Hoppers and 4 Joeys....

Well, drats.....and that's way more than I want to spend on cable, for that many tvs.....a lot of stuff the Hopper gives I could care less about, other than the HD. Wondering if the old 3 box set up might be more to our liking.

The old 3 box setup will ieave 3 TVs with SD only viewing.
How many people will be watching those 6 TVs?
If you mirror 3 of them they would have to watch what was on the main TV they were mirrored from, but if they were in close proximity they could be HD.
There is always the official way (most expensive) and the brainstorming way (may cost more up front) which may be cheaper monthly.
Tell us more about who will be watching those 6 TVs and someone will have a solution.

My toughts are I just might keep with the 722(oops, that's what I meant). Maybe have two 722s, and one non DVR dual tuner. Although,I despised Dish when they jacked up their additional box rates, way back when. Is it still $14 for a dual tuner box fee? Outrageous.

But, still might have to be the way to go, I guess. Do not like what I read about Hopper, and how each tv does not have dual tuner capability. So, whatever is being DVRd, is what you have to watch on those TVs.

Do not like what I read about Hopper, and how each tv does not have dual tuner capability. So, whatever is being DVRd, is what you have to watch on those TVs.

That is wrong, wrong, wrong. Joey accesses the Hopper, with three sat tuners 1 one optional OTA tuner. Think of Hopper as mainframe, Joey the access terminal.

That is wrong, wrong, wrong. Joey accesses the Hopper, with three sat tuners 1 one optional OTA tuner. Think of Hopper as mainframe, Joey the access terminal.

Did the Hopper change, in the last year or two? I read of all sorts of unhappy customers, because they'd set one TV to DVR, but then realized, they couldn't watch two shows now, like you used to with dual tuner boxes. So, let's say we have 4 people watching TV on 4 different TVs, and if you have 3 or more shows start DVRing, would that not take over one or more of the TVs being used?

It would limit them to watching a recorded program or the same channel. In this situation most folks have 2 Hoppers, 6 tuners + 2 OTA tuners which can be added. The PTAT feature allows recording of the Big 4 networks using only one tuner. Two sat tuners are still available. If you need to feed 4 TVs you can have 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys or 1 Hopper, a SuperJoey and 2 regular Joeys. The SJ adds 2 additional tuners to the Hoppers 3 for a total of 5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)