Is this a good dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

scupmando

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 21, 2005
I just called the guy and he said if I take it down I can have it for free. Anyone know what brand this is or if it's suitable for ku also.
Thanks.

Attachments

• dish.jpg
    dish.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 297
Hard to tell from that picture, but it looks simular to the Unimesh dishes. The size of the holes in the mesh will determine how well the ku works, if a pencil point won't go through the hole, it should work fine. If the pencil point goes through the hole, it may or may not work, but if it does work, it won't work as good. Personally, I think it will be fine.

Al

Hi there,

I just got the specs back on my Winegard today. This is the specs for the holes.

Diamond shape
Holes size .155 x .100 or a little over an 1/8th inch by a little under 1/8 inch.

It is rated for both C-Band and Ku-Band

Gain:
C-Band: 40 dB
Ku-Band: 48 db @ 12 GHz

Hope that helps.

LinuxMan

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll be picking it up! Another project to tackle.

Look across the dish. It should look flat from rim to rim. If it's warped you may have reception problems. If it's flat you should be ok as long as the mount is in good shape.

Lynskyn said:
Look across the dish. It should look flat from rim to rim. If it's warped you may have reception problems. If it's flat you should be ok as long as the mount is in good shape.

Good point, I forgot to bring it up, try to make sure it is not warped, you can do the string test for that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts