Is this a new Slimline dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MacDawg

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Is this something new? My parents got an upgrade. Swm, new MS. Im behind the 8ball if so. Pops said be don't need the 3 lnb anymore.

Attachments

• 0425111552.jpg
    0425111552.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 302
That is the newer LNB. Its a SWM setup so you only need one cable into the house
It sees 99/101/103.

99 & 103 are the HD sats
101 is the SD sat

As long as the SD locals arent on 119 or they dont sub to the Spanish package installs are getting this. Much cleaner than the older LNB where you need 4 lines into the house. Also the SWM setup allows one cable hookup to the DVR's (instead of 2)

I did some research...while the SD locals are on 119 you have all locals in HD except for Ion which is the national feed anyway (which is on 101)

If your parents have all HD equipment then the setup they have is fine. If you have any SD only receivers then you need the 5LNB (the older LNB)

Just different.

This is a 3 slot LNB and it is actually an inferior configuration as it cuts you out of some content that you would otherwise receive from 119W.

The term you were looking for is "behind the times". "Behind the eight ball" means that your only play is a scratch and that's certainly not the case.

You mentioned that your parents got a "new MS". Is it really a multiswitch or just a PI-21 power inserter?
PI-21_medlrg.jpg

That setup does have a power inserter and a splitter now. Thats how mine is set up

one line from dish to basement where the splitter is
3 cables to various rooms where the receivers are
power inserter plugged into computer room where a receiver is

much cleaner install in my opinion :)

I assume you have the 4 LNB dish and maybe a 6x8 multiswitch?

I lucked out and the tech who did my upgrade said "they want me to do a 5LNB install but that requires 4 lines. Screw that. We give you swim setup" :)
All I needed was the 3LNB one (like you posted)

Just different.

This is a 3 slot LNB and it is actually an inferior configuration as it cuts you out of some content that you would otherwise receive from 119W.

The term you were looking for is "behind the times". "Behind the eight ball" means that your only play is a scratch and that's certainly not the case.

Harsh,
IF your programming requires the 119, you are still set up with the 5 lnb set up, so in essence, your not missing anything.

2 English channels (Hope Channel and JCTV)
2 Spanish/English channels (Mun2 and one other)
a half dozen of the audio channels

not much to worry about...just like folks on Dish who have a Dish500 and are missing a couple PI channels.
If someone needs those channels they can call D* and have a workorder done for free.....we've posted the info on that before

a half dozen of the audio channels
There are 17 Sonic Tap channels located uniquely on 119W.

5 are part of the Choice package
10 are part of the Choice Extra package
13 are part of the Choice Ultimate package
all are part of the Premiere package

Iceberg said:
I assume you have the 4 LNB dish and maybe a 6x8 multiswitch?

I lucked out and the tech who did my upgrade said "they want me to do a 5LNB install but that requires 4 lines. Screw that. We give you swim setup" :)
All I needed was the 3LNB one (like you posted)

This the one I have Ice. And 6x8

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110427_064458.png
    ForumRunner_20110427_064458.png
    244.6 KB · Views: 130
There are 17 Sonic Tap channels located uniquely on 119W.

5 are part of the Choice package
10 are part of the Choice Extra package
13 are part of the Choice Ultimate package
all are part of the Premiere package
which sonic channels are those???? i have the 3lnb swm. i'm not pointing at 119w. yet i can tune to the sonic tap channels.

If you have a round 18" Dish with one LBN and the receiver asks what switch you have when setting up what do you enter?A friend can not figure out how to do his.Thanks

For those envying over the 3LNB SWM dLNB, they do make a 5LNB SWM LNB as well. In fact they have for much longer than the 3LNB one. The 3LNB one is more recent.

I have the 5LNB SWM LNB and have for a few years now. Works great.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts