Is this a typical Dish Install/Setup for a 722k?

sooner_luvr

Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
Is this typical for a Dish 722k setup. Dish installed this a few months ago for us and it looks a little weird to me.

Does it mean the the coax run between the two splitters (red, in the diagram) carries the signal from the dish to the 722k AND ALSO carries the signal from the 722K to the 2nd TV? SO it carries the signal in both directions?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Dish.JPG
    Dish.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 896
Confused

Is this typical for a Dish 722k setup. Dish installed this a few months ago for us and it looks a little weird to me.

Does it mean the the coax run between the two splitters (red, in the diagram) carries the signal from the dish to the 722k AND ALSO carries the signal from the 722K to the 2nd TV? SO it carries the signal in both directions?

Thanks.

Some of those aren't splitters but diplexers(2) and a separator.

The Bottom Left is a Diplexer. The one closest to your 722 is a Sat signal splitter.

The top left has me a little confused.

If it's a Diplexer to take Antenna to your 2nd TV then the remaining feed should only be Sat and there should not be a signal for your 722?

A Splitter would explain the 722 setup but they would have had to install another diplexer at the back of your TV2 to strip off the Sat signal (which has DC on it) from the OTA signal.

The Bottom Left is a Diplexer. The one closest to your 722 is a Sat signal splitter.

The top left has me a little confused.

If it's a Diplexer to take Antenna to your 2nd TV then the remaining feed should only be Sat and there should not be a signal for your 722?

A Splitter would explain the 722 setup but they would have had to install another diplexer at the back of your TV2 to strip off the Sat signal (which has DC on it) from the OTA signal.

The top and bottom left are diplexer (they are used in pairs, the first adds the OTA signal and second splits it back out again. The bottom right is a DPP Separator, Dish does not use splitter in this setup.

I agree, but he's showing an OTA signal going to TV2 at the top Diplexer. Look at the chart. There has to be another splitter in there splitting the OTA off to TV2 before it's combined at the top diplexer or it just doesn't make sense.

I have added the DPD2 (diplexer?) to the two on the left. The one on the lower right says it is a Dish Separator. See below.

I do not have an OTA atenna...that I am aware of. (We just moved in.)

The "To TV2" line is the remote Dish service to our bedroom.

The setup just looks really strange to me, but it may be normal.

Attachments

• Dish.JPG
    Dish.JPG
    9.5 KB · Views: 776
Last edited:
Ok.. I get it now. Now it looks good.

The remote TV is being 'backfed' from the 722 to your remote TV. So the Sat signal is diplexed down to the 722 and the 722 TV out is being backwards fed on the OTA/Cable side of the diplexer to go to the remote TV.

Now that I know the directions, perfectly effective installation!

Standard installation practice. DPP Separators are not splitters. Splitters divide a band of signals and sends that band to two different components. DPP separators work by taking apart the 950-2150mhz band and separating it into a 950-1450 band and a 1650-2150 band. Bandwidth separation and bandwidth splitting are different things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)