Is this channel hard to tune in, meaning in general?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

highskies

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Texarkana
I live in Texarkana, Tx and a have a 7.5' dish. There's huge pine tree to the west of the dish where some of the branches were extending out so far that they caused signal issues on some birds and some channels but not all channels on the birds in question. So I got up on the roof the other day and did some trimming, which now I have an unobstructed view at that location, in this case meaning 116.8W. The channel is PXTV 3867 V 8131. I never had luck locking this in the past, except for maybe once or twice. So when I come back into the house after trimming the branches, and I then send the dish to 116.8W and tune it to PXTV. And what do you know, it's now booming in, around 75% Signal Quality on my MicroHD.

So a day later I point the dish to 116.8W, tune in to PXTV. Now it's acting like it did in the past. I can no longer get a lock on it. For two days now I can't get a lock on it. Before I go outside physically messing with the dish, I would be interested in knowing whether others have issues with this channel from time to time? I just can't figure out how it was booming in 2 days ago and now I can't even get a lock? I also had some issues with other feeds on that bird in the past, but trimming the limbs fixed that and they're still playing just fine, so basically only have issues with PXTV for some reason.

This may be a long shot but was the signal booming before the weather change ix Tx? I've heard the temps dipped down there. I found that since it have gotten colder here, the signal on some transponders has increased (eg. NBC feeds, COZI on AMC1). Although, I can no longer lock the BVN TV channel on 113W. I too have a pesky pine tree and can't get any KU sats west of 113W.

This may be a long shot but was the signal booming before the weather change ix Tx? I've heard the temps dipped down there. I found that since it have gotten colder here, the signal on some transponders has increased (eg. NBC feeds, COZI on AMC1). Although, I can no longer lock the BVN TV channel on 113W. I too have a pesky pine tree and can't get any KU sats west of 113W.

The day I did the branch trimming it wasn't too bad outside. Not real cold, not real warm either. But for the past 2 or3 days it's been rather cold outside. Drops in temperature can affect things like this then? Unless I'm reading this wrong, it seems like you're suggesting drops in temperatures make some signals stronger on some transponders?

With cold temperatures there's usually less humidity unless there's falling weather. Right now I'm looking at 45* and 34% H here and it's been going down all day. Having said that, less humid air is also less dense so IMHO there "might" be some difference in signal strength because of that. Example, rain fade with a pizza dish?

I know on my Unimesh system, which isn't the greatest BTW I have a couple of TPs that are come and go and weather seems to be a factor with those.

But on the other side of that coin, the Winegard system I have doesn't seem to exhibit this problem but that is a well tuned dish in good condition.

I normally don't get metv on c band only movies but when it dropped below freezing it started to come in. Ku can't tell mmuch of a difference but c band yes.

I normally don't get metv on c band only movies but when it dropped below freezing it started to come in. Ku can't tell mmuch of a difference but c band yes.

The few channels I have problems with coming and going on that Unimesh dish are mostly on Cband also? Hummm...................

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)