Is this compelling enough content? YES Network HD in HD all the time

LOL. You know if you guys are so demanding to have YES, why are you still on E* to begin with?

Various reasons... but by your logic if Dish does not have YES HD then no one in NY area should subscribe... I wished that was the case so that Dish could see a big hole in the balance sheet. But that is not the case, there are various reasons why Dish is still good deal for NYC subs as opposed to DirecTv or the local Cable Operator .

I believe that we all pay for channels that we do not want on the basic tier. So where are those channels that we all pay for but I do not want to pay for it as well.
1) Sports (primarily) channels being forced on people or into the lower tiers is a very sore subject for I'd say the majority of TV viewers. I know that big-time sports fans don't believe this, but it's true. I'm by no means anti-sports either, but everything I've read regarding ESPN/Disney/ABC and how they force their channels into the lower tiers on top of what they charge rubs me the wrong way. When it comes to my wallet or checking account, I would drop ESPN if it would reduce my monthly bill. 2) YES is a regional network at best. Fine, force ESPN on us.... At least it's content might appeal to people around the country. Do NOT force YES or any regional sports network on people outside of that region. If someone really wants it, make it available in a separate package.
As I asked before Charlie was quoted in the Media that if the Cable Operators reached an agreement with YES, he will follow suit. Well he did not--- another promise broken
If your argument is based on something Ergen said, he will break your heart time after time.

But the Yankees shouldn't be insisting on shoving the YES network down the throat of the whole country, and pricing it as a national channel.

That is a E* lie. YES is a regional network, that is all they want to be. They never asked to be national channel. They just want to be treated like other NY RSN's. That means being available in the same package as other NY RSNs. This is no different as Yankee fans paying for SNY, MSG and FXNY. I do not care for the Mets but I receive SNY and pay for it.

If the Yes Network were Denver based and showed Denver Teams, Dish would have added it already no matter what the cost is.

Come on Dish get YES so I can watch the Yankees lose. :D

as much as I hate Directv the devil, if they had Comcast Sportsnet I would jump ship, all these idiots still staying with Dish thinking YES will be available. You've had what 4 years to switch already? Atleast you HAVE A CHOICE! Philly fans do not. San Diego fans do not.

Wonder why DirecTv is the leader in the satellite industry? Lets see ,
(1. Don't carry the NFL network.
(2. Don't carry the YES network.
(3. Don't carry Extra Innings.
Folks you can say what you want about the Yes Network, but it cost Dish dearly in the NE. Dish picks up the 3 above and they pick up about a million new subs.

No I wouldnt be in the same predicament because I made sure E* had my RSN before subscribing. I would now like my RSN to be in HD probably just like the majority of subs who get their RSN's would like theirs in HD.

If you are a new sub yes, I would I agree with you. But remember that YES HD has only been on air 5 years. Previously everything was transmitted through MSG. Now there is not even SD YES on E*. Those that made an investment in Dish Equipment are quite not in the same boat as new subs.

1) Sports (primarily) channels being forced on people or into the lower tiers is a very sore subject for I'd say the majority of TV viewers. I know that big-time sports fans don't believe this, but it's true. I'm by no means anti-sports either, but everything I've read regarding ESPN/Disney/ABC and how they force their channels into the lower tiers on top of what they charge rubs me the wrong way. When it comes to my wallet or checking account, I would drop ESPN if it would reduce my monthly bill. 2) YES is a regional network at best. Fine, force ESPN on us.... At least it's content might appeal to people around the country. Do NOT force YES or any regional sports network on people outside of that region. If someone really wants it, make it available in a separate package. If your argument is based on something Ergen said, he will break your heart time after time.

and here is where I also disagree with you. I only watch ESPN on baseball season. I never tuned to it in any other season. So what is precious to others, it may be quite trash to me or viceversa. The argument of not offering a channel is quite senseless these days because it is not like we are in a-la-carte system where consumers have the option. Everyone is tied into a basic tier and many times some of those channels are worthless depending on consumer prefrence.

Look at the current situatio with MLB EI. I, myself, care very little about the package and this is offer a-la-carte. But there customer who care about this product yet E* has yet to negotiate a contract before the openning of the seaon and will be without the package for the next seven years if they do not negotiate a contract.

As I said I do not care about the MLB EI but there are lots of customer who had the package last year and where counting on it. Should they pack and leave Dish because this is not the case anymore? Well, different people subscribe for different reason. There are various variables involved here.

I don't want to pay for more crap, but if they want to offer it as pay package for those who do, then that's great. As far as I am concerned, they can dump a ton of channels, but the wife and kids would scream.

I asked earlier, but what cable companies and more importantly, in what markets outside of the general NY area, carry YES ?? Anyone can answer....

But the Yankees shouldn't be insisting on shoving the YES network down the throat of the whole country, and pricing it as a national channel.
Wrong wrong wrong. YES is a regional channel, not a national channel. YES is not asking to be carried nationally; what's the point if all the games and replays are blacked out outside of Yankees territory.

YES and and Dish do not have a deal because they George wants more $$$ per NYC area sub than Charlie is willing to pay. End of story.

I asked earlier, but what cable companies and more importantly, in what markets outside of the general NY area, carry YES ?? Anyone can answer....
The answer is almost certainly ZERO. Why carry YES Network in an out-market cable system when you would be forced to black out all Yankees games, all Yankees replays, and perhaps half of the remaining programming?

This is also why these arguments that "YES wants to be carried on Dish Network as a national channel, and all subs in the entire US must pay $2 each" are absurd.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)