is this feed horn any good?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rover54

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2006
hi all was looking through my stuff and found a old feed horn with 3 lnbs on it its a chapperal feed horn with drake lnbsthe lnbs are longer then any ive seen id say about 7 inches long theres a tag on 1 wioth the numbers00003955 stamped on it 1 is horizonal and 1 is vertical and theres a round 1 i asume is ku band? anyway is this any good i know someone said in a previos post kinda depends on what you want to spend for lnbs also ive read u guys talking about digital feeds and new recivers and so on will these old lnbs be compatible with digital signal if i go to that in the future thanks again for replys really nice to find somplase where u can talk about these c band recivers with out getting that look u probly know the one and the why dont you qwit scewin around with that and get a small dish i persanaly like messin around with this stuff but to each his own

Sounds like you have an old Chaparral Bullseye feedhorn. For a C/KU system you're probably better off with a Corotor II+. The Bullseye has no skew adjustment on C band, only on Ku. Plus, you'd need 3 coaxial cables, 2 for C Band and 1 for Ku.
The major advantage of the Bullseye feed is simultaneous reception of H and V C band signals with multiple receivers. As for the LNBs, they sound old, but I would try them and see how they work. Some of the older LNBs still work fine with digital signals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts