Is this good RG6 cable?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Offroad

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2004
Doing a bit of rewiring soon, and was looking to buy some quality cable by the foot. <html xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:eek:="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"> <head> <title>RG59 AND RG6 COAXIAL CABLE

According to an email from them the RG6 they sell by the foot has the same specs as their "Professional Quality" cable. They did not tell me what brand it is however.

"60% aluminum braid. 100% foil shield. Super durable PVC jacket. Foamed polyethylene dielectric. Solid Copper Center conductor. UL Approved / DirecTV Approved / SBCA Compliant / Swept-Tested to 3 GHz"

Is this very good cable?
Anywhere else have a better deal?

Thanks.

That's good cable but have you checked your local Craigslist. I bought a 1000' box of Vextra cable for $40.00 but it was local pickup, don't know if he will ship.

Thanks for the tip, I found the same cable but its not local. I'm checking on shipping.

You might check ebay. I picked up a very nice roll of comscope RG6 quadshield for $35 shipped from an ebay seller recently. It was advertised as 750ft, but I've pulled over that much off the roll already, and there's still at least 100ft left on there.

RG-6, 3Ghz rating, solid copper center conducter......doesn't get much better than that when it comes to cable. Only thing that might make it better would be quad shielding, but in most cases that's probably overkill anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)