Is This Lnb Heat Sensitive Or Bad

There were some 105 FSS lnbf's that were going bad from the plastic SuperDish that first came out due to heat. They would work when it was cloudy or raining during the day and during the night but the heat of the day would make them go out. I have even replaced a 110 lnbf which was doing the same thing.

shantkhullar said:
Please Advise If This=

Digital Lnbf 123470966 Lot 174
Made In Usa
Dish Network Logo

Is This Bad Or Heat Sensitive Or Has Any Other Problem???

We need more than a part number, what is happening that makes you think this is the issue? Details go a long way when trying to solve a problem without being there.

Van said:
We need more than a part number, what is happening that makes you think this is the issue? Details go a long way when trying to solve a problem without being there.

i start loosing signal after about 1 hr of switching on tv, it comes and goes,error 15 & error 2 & sometimes smart card error. seems like it has mind of its own.earlier it happen only in the day--now it is all the time
satelite 61.5 west
transponder 12 & 18
i have channel 614 & 624
reciever jvc 1000 (pretty old) well ventilated
signal strength strongest on transponder 06 - 60-65
on 12 & 18 = 40-49
azimuth 145, elevation 53 (no tree in front but one on side little away)

could it be the reciever or maybe lnb ??
please help

earlier it use to start problem from 10 am to 6 pm but since last night and this morning it is giving trouble constantly

yea its failing, hard to say fully if its temp sensitive but it most likely is and now its producing its own heat, if you touch it its probably hot enough to burn so you should remove it asap.

Your signal strength is kind of low, 60-65 the strongest, hmmm. Have you tried repeaking that dish? In your other thread you said you replaced the LNB so I don't think the LNB is your problem.

I merged the threads

as noted a couple times, 45 is tooooo low for constant signal. Try and move the dish to optimize signal. I use an old 5000 for aiming dishes and normal is around 75-80. Spotbeams are above 100..

As for the TP (TP 11 & 12), we always say that so we keep a constant when helping ouot. Some TP's are naturally low due to not enough power :)

Other than a low signal, it also sounds like a switch problem to me if he has 2 dishes. Not because his signal is low but because the signal goes from 0 to 60 and fluctuates. But then again, it could also be the receiver because I've seen the same happen on a bad receiver. To be sure, opt for the $5.99 Dish Home Protection Plan because it's obvious your parts are out of warranty and the DHPP will allow an installer to replace those parts under DHPP for $29 a service call.

possibly a coax issue if the lnbf has been replaced, also it could be a bad connecter where part of the braiding or shielding is making contact with the center conductor or even the center conductor could be flexing inside the line and getting pulled out of the connection point. I had a service call that a dozen techs had been out to and couldnt fix, I started working through the system and checked the connections, I got to one at a ground block and pulled it off, it looked fine so I started to return it to the block when I noticed that the center conductor seemed to move in and out when I bent the coax. This line had a 10 foot section on the wall outside where it would move back and forth in the wind enough to cause the center conductor to move in and out of the connection point.

I had another service call where a tiny strand of he braiding was inside the fitting and was close enough to allow current to bridge the gap to the center conductor but only intermitantly or when the reciever was moved. Last one I heard about involved an unrated barrel connection that no one knew was there because it was stuck in the floor board, it was covered by carpet above and insulation below right above the foundation wall.

Well, if it was installed correctly ( IE grounding and a wall plate connection ) then there are 3 coax lines in his system.

Iceberg said:
I think he said he replaced the cable...but he hasnt moved the dish :)

1) U R RIGHT I HAVE ONLY INTERNATIONAL CHANELS .(614 SONY TV & 624 SAHARA ONE )
2) TODAY I REMOVED A SURGE PROTECTOR FROM THE RECIEVER AND IT SEEMED TO WORK FINE FOR AN HOUR. ITS WORKING FINE(HAS LOST SIGNAL ONLY 3 TIMES AS COMPARED TO 20 TIMES IN A HOUR) BUT I AM NOT SURE IF IT IS THE FIDDLING I DID OR NIGHT TIME BECAUSE IN THE NIGHT IT STAYS LOCKED LONGER .
3) I NOTICED SIGNAL ON TP 14 IS STRONGER (65-69)BUT THIS TP14 DOES NOT RELATE TO ANY CHANNELS I SUBSCRIBE. MY TRANSPODERS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE 12 & 18, DISH CUSTOMER SERVICE SAY TRANSPODER DOES NOT MATTER, WHEN I LOCK ON TP14 I GET STRONGER SIGNAL AND STAYS LOCKED FOR LONGER TIME AND THEN ON ITS OWN IT STARTS SWITCHING TO TP18 AND THE PROBLEM STARTS= HOW DOES ONE LOCK SIGNAL AND SATELITE AND RECIEVER TO TRANSPONDER 14 AND KEEP IT LOCKED ??

ALL OF U SATELITE TECH GUYS OUT THERE YR HELP IS SINCERELY APPRECIATED

Iceberg said:
I think he said he replaced the cable...but he hasnt moved the dish :)

1) I HAVE REPLACED THE DISH,LNB,CONNECTORS & I CLEANED THE GROUNDING BLOCK.
2) I HAVE TRIED TURNING THE DISH LITTLE BY LITTLE AND HERE IS WHAT I GET
SATELITE 61.5 WEST
TP06 (60-69)
TP12 (50-59)
TP14 (60-69)
TP18 (50-59)
TP29 (40-49)

ONE DISH NETWORK CSR SAYS MY TP ARE 06,12,18,29 AND I SHUD LOCK ON 29 AS IT IS THE HOME TP OF SAT 61.5 AND THE NEXT DISH TECH SAYS TP DONT MATTER.
NEXT WEIRD THING IS I GET BEST SIGNAL ON TP 14 AND IT STAYS LOCKED FOR SOME TIME(TEN MINUTES OR SO ) BUT THEN -- ON ITS OWN SWITCHES TO TP 18 (ALWAYS) AND THE PROBLEM STARTS.

AS PER DISH I AM NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO GET SIGNAL ON TP 14 BUT IT IS THERE AND 60-69 EVEN HIGHER ON SUNNY DAYS & I GET MY CHANNELS CLEAR AND GOOD-- THE PROBLEM IS IT DOES NOT STAY THAT WAY ALL THE TIME.
PLEASE HELP

Well if you have replaced the coax, and the lnbf then your left with the ground block and the reciever, try using a barrel connection ( the thing in a coax wall plate ) and bypass the ground block, if your signal is still low then it sounds like your reciever is dying on you.

Van said:
Well if you have replaced the coax, and the lnbf then your left with the ground block and the reciever, try using a barrel connection ( the thing in a coax wall plate ) and bypass the ground block, if your signal is still low then it sounds like your reciever is dying on you.

THANKS FOR YR SUGGESTION. HERE IS 3 PART QUESTION-PL.HELP
1) WHERE DO I BUY 'BARREL CONNECTION"? DOES HOME DEPOT/RADIO SHACK CARRY THIS ITEM, IS THERE ANOTHER NAME FOR IT.?
AT THIS MOMENT THERE IS A GROUND WIRE(NAKED METAL) ATTACHED ON A SCREW ON GROUNDING BLOCK (WHERE DOES THE WIRE GO AFTER I CONNECT BARREL CONNECTION- OR MAYBE BARREL CONNECTION HAS A PLACE TO ATTACH THIS WIRE ?). THE OTHER END OF WIRE IS CONNECTED TO METAL ROD WHICH IS BURIED IN THE GROUND. THESE CONNECTIONS ARE ON OUTSIDE WALL ABOUT 1 FEET FROM THE GROUND.
2) IF I REPLACE THE GROUNDING BLOCK WITH BARREL CONNECTION,THE TECH WARNED ME NOT TO REMOVE OR CHANGE THE GROUNDING BLOCK IT OR ELSE LIGHNING STRIKE COULD DAMAGE ALL OTHER EQUIPMENT--IS THIS TRUE ??
3) WORSE COME WORSE IF I HAVE TO REPLACE RECIEVER ,PLEASE SUGGEST BRAND /MODEL # . I HAVE A VERY BASIC,SIMPLE SET UP AT THIS MOMENT AND DO NOT WISH MORE COMPLICATION.PL. SUGGEST SOMETHING PLUG N PLAY.

P.S.IF IT CAN HELP SOMEONE OUT THERE PL. ADVISE YR READERS TO REMOVE SURGE PROTECTORS -IF ATTACHED TO SYSTEM-- I REMOVED LAST NIGHT AND THE ERRORS 002,015,SMART CARD ERROR HAVE VANISHED BUT THERE IS NO CHANGE IN SIGNAL STRENGTH AND SOMETIMES THE PICTURE GOES BLACK FOR A SECOND.
THANKS FOR YR TIME & HELP