Is This Lnb Heat Sensitive Or Bad

Van said:
Well if you have replaced the coax, and the lnbf then your left with the ground block and the reciever, try using a barrel connection ( the thing in a coax wall plate ) and bypass the ground block, if your signal is still low then it sounds like your reciever is dying on you.

MY APOLOGISES FOR ASKING WEIRD QUESTIONS.

IS BARREL CONNECTION AND GROUNDING BLOCK THE SAME THING ???

RIGHT NOW WHAT I HAVE AND WHAT TECH CALLED AS GOUNDING BLOCK LOOKS LIKE 1 F CONNECTOR JOINING 2 - RG6CABLES AND HAS A METAL END WITH A HOLE, WHERE THE METAL GOUND WIRE IS SCREWED ON TO IT-THEN THIS GROUNDING BLOCK IS SCREWED ON TO THE WALL.THE OTHER END OF THIS METAL WIRE IS ATTACHED TO METAL ROD DUG INTO EARTH.

ITS 8.30 AM AND THE SUN RAYS JUST TOUCHED THE DISH, TEMPERATURE IS VERY LOW OUTSIDE,NO HEAT AND LIKE A CLOCK WORK THE PROBLEM HAS COME BACK,(SIGNAL LOSS, ERROR 002,015,005 ,PIXALATION-- IT IS UNWATCHABLE--I HAVE TO PUT IT OFF). I & THE TECH GUY DONT UNDERSTAND WHY IT STARTS IN THE MORNING AND BECOMES OK AFTER 7 PM. STAYS OK ALL NIGHT.IT IS BAFFLING EVERYONE INVOLVED.IS IT POSSIBLE DISH NETWORK OR SOMEBODY IS MESSING WITH SIGNAL DURING DAY TIME??

PARDON ME IF I SOUND STUPID. THERE IS A PALM TREE IN THE LINE OF SIGHT BUT IT IS AT LEAST 100 FEET AWAY--DO TREES OR THEIR BRANCHES STANDUP OR STRAIGHTEN DURING THE DAY AND BEND OR SHRINK DURING NIGHT?.
THANKS FOR YR TIME & HELP

If you can run a straight shot cable from the dish to the receiver (temporary thing) and see if that helps. If it does, then its the cable (or one of the connectors)

Iceberg said:
If you can run a straight shot cable from the dish to the receiver (temporary thing) and see if that helps. If it does, then its the cable (or one of the connectors)

i will do that today and maybe move the dish,pole to another part of the roof,but first i will run a direct wire from dish to reciever.

Ok, the barrel connection looks like two coax connection ports back to back, you can buy them from radio shack or lows or home depot. Bypassing the ground block will tell you if the issue is with a bad or contanimated ground block if the signal comes up. You can buy a replacement ground block from the above mentioned stores and it must be rated to 3000mhz.

Now on to your paml tree issue, if your 100 feet away from the palm tree you shouldnt be having an issue with it unless the palm tree is up on a hill and or the satellite inquestion is low on the horizon. If hte palm is an old one and your dish is mounted low then you could have an issue with the palm. When the sun hits your dish its making the dish flex a little from the thermal reaction but its not enough to twist the dish reflector to drop the signal that much.

Your question as to wether the pamls leaves stand up is actually a good one, many plants leaves will lower down at night and will raise up during the day, some will also not only raise up but will turn to face the sun and track it all day long to get as much sun as possible. Im not sure if palms do this but it is a possibility.

thanks for explaining. i will try this now and let u know if it works
1) by pass grounding block as you said.
2) run a new cable direct from dish lnb to reciever(temporarily)
3) try n tweak the dish little-it is a sunshine day today(not a single cloud).
4) its a hassle but maybe move the dish & wiring to another part of the roof (to remove this nagging doubt about palm tree )the tree is in my third neighbour house at least 200 feet away. there is no hill and my elevation shud be 53 however i get signal at 51.2
will inform u how it went

SimpleSimon said:
Forget #4

Tree 200' away - unless it's over 200' tall, it's NOT an issue with an elevation like that (over 45). Do the math. ;)

here is what all i tried.( with coaxial wire markings = rg-6/sat,foam,18awg,cl2,75 degree,(ul),e 111378a,or,catv,e135174a )

installed system =reciever jvc 1000 / single lnb /sat 61.5 west at tp 06,12,18,29
problem= low signal strength,never more than 64,does not stay locked during daytime--works better in night--tried with 3 separate new lnb.

1) on old system made coaxial connection by passing the ground block== no change in signal strength
2) on old system connected direct wire from lnb to reicever bypassing the entire installation= no change
3) tweaked dish little bit and got a signal of 54-59 on tp 12 (increase of 5)
4) got a brand new 311 reciever,lnb,dish 500 (bigger dish)--new out of the box & installed the whole complete system = no change-same stength 54-59
5) with the new system installed bypassed the entire old wire set up and connected coaxial direct from new lnb to new reciever= no change
6) installed the old dish back w/old lnb but new receiver== no change
7) installed the old dish w/ old lnb and old reciever= no change.
signal strength does go to zero but never more than 60--no matter what i do.
please help,what m i doing wrong. ???

here is what all i tried.( with coaxial wire markings = rg-6/sat,foam,18awg,cl2,75 degree,(ul),e 111378a,or,catv,e135174a )

installed system =reciever jvc 1000 / single lnb /sat 61.5 west at tp 06,12,18,29
problem= low signal strength,never more than 64,does not stay locked during daytime--works better in night--tried with 3 separate new lnb.

1) on old system made coaxial connection by passing the ground block== no change in signal strength
2) on old system connected direct wire from lnb to reicever bypassing the entire installation= no change
3) tweaked dish little bit and got a signal of 54-59 on tp 12 (increase of 5)
4) got a brand new 311 reciever,lnb,dish 500 (bigger dish)--new out of the box & installed the whole complete system = no change-same stength 54-59
5) with the new system installed bypassed the entire old wire set up and connected coaxial direct from new lnb to new reciever= no change
6) installed the old dish back w/old lnb but new receiver== no change
7) installed the old dish w/ old lnb and old reciever= no change.
signal strength does go to zero but never more than 60--no matter what i do.
please help,what m i doing wrong. ???

One of my customers had the same thing happening to him but at different times of the day. It was the 105 that was doing it. After replacing everything with no results i did a little research and figured out that it only happened when his wife was home. She had a radar detector that interfered with the 105 lnb. she now shuts it off before parking her car.

papalittle said:
One of my customers had the same thing happening to him but at different times of the day. It was the 105 that was doing it. After replacing everything with no results i did a little research and figured out that it only happened when his wife was home. She had a radar detector that interfered with the 105 lnb. she now shuts it off before parking her car.

i also have similar nagging doubt but cant figure out what it could be plus if there is anything it has to be in neighbour's house .something is switched "on" between 10 am & 7pm.

i read somewhere on this site that i have to get 70-75 signal and problem shud go away so i ordered new parts from dish store and will move the dish to another part of the roof.
i hope it works

problem solved

problem solved and thanks to all of you out there.

i must mention this = last time problem happened it costed me $375.oo and in the end it was a $3.00 part. well this time again it was $ 3.00 part.

earlier in this forum after trying various solutions i had mentioned i will move the dish to another part of roof, but when the box containing grounding block and connector arrived from dish store inc,i thought let me give it one more try. so i replaced the installed grounding block (from home depot) to a dish approved grounding block and - boom- problem gone. its been 3 days now and signal is locked.

i can only imagine florida is the lightning capital of the world so it could be the lightning strike or maybe lawn mower hit (block is only 1 feet from earth)but this is the second grounding block replaced in 5 years.

once again all of you (satelite guys )out there--- thank you very much

shantkhullar said:
problem solved and thanks to all of you out there.

i must mention this = last time problem happened it costed me $375.oo and in the end it was a $3.00 part. well this time again it was $ 3.00 part.

earlier in this forum after trying various solutions i had mentioned i will move the dish to another part of roof, but when the box containing grounding block and connector arrived from dish store inc,i thought let me give it one more try. so i replaced the installed grounding block (from home depot) to a dish approved grounding block and - boom- problem gone. its been 3 days now and signal is locked.

i can only imagine florida is the lightning capital of the world so it could be the lightning strike or maybe lawn mower hit (block is only 1 feet from earth)but this is the second grounding block replaced in 5 years.

once again all of you (satelite guys )out there--- thank you very much
In FL. more than likely RAIN or Sprinkler system getting water into ground block.

boba said:
In FL. more than likely RAIN or Sprinkler system getting water into ground block.
I'll vote for that - what's the ground block and connectors look like? Any brown? That's bad!

Is the block mounted vertically - so the cables are horizontal? If the cables are vertical, they'll collect water in as little as a few days.

SimpleSimon said:
I'll vote for that - what's the ground block and connectors look like? Any brown? That's bad!

Is the block mounted vertically - so the cables are horizontal? If the cables are vertical, they'll collect water in as little as a few days.

i will make the wires horizontal.

can i wrap a plastic bag n tape over the grounding block and the connector ?? pl. advise.thanks