Is this possible, pc & ps2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
Something happened to my ps2 will not read the disc anymore might be a bad eye. anyway I got to thinking is there any mother board that would fit into a ps2? if so how hard would it be to convert it into a basic htpc, have 3 hd laying around doing nothing that i would be able to throw in there. I would use to transfer or stream files from my main pc in my office.

PCSX2 won't play anything near full speed in its current state.

A microATX board may fit in the case however you'd need to hack a PSU etc, I've been there and it's more trouble than its worth.
I can take a look at your PS2 if you'd like, I started out with the V1 Jap machines and have repaired literally hundreds (Specifically V4s)
It's a very easy repair as long as it's not been abused and shouldn't take 5 mins.

well....i opened it up to have a looksy and i think i did more damage then good, now the tray doesnt slide in and out like it should :( how do i tell what version it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts