Is this possible with 522/625

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
I want to replace my current 508 with the 522/625. I currently run the rf out of the 508 into a channel 4 combiner along with the ota feed. The resulting feed then goes to a splitter that distbributes both the satellite & ota programming to 3 tv's. I want to use the tv2 rf from the 522/625 receiver (since it is stereo) and distribute that signal just like I do the 508. My tv's are still the analog type & I don't have any excess composite inputs available. Will this work? Will I have to have the receiver is single/shared mode to achieve this? Will I still be able to record a separate program on tv1 & then view it later?

Should work the same. I am a bit confussed by your post though.

With a 522/625 you can run 2 seperate TV's on different channels both with DVR functions at the same time. I am guessing that you are going to have your main TV on tuner1 and then run your other two TV's off of the tuner2 output. So you can record on tuner2 and sitll watch a live program on tuner1. After a program has been put on the drive you can watch it on either TV.

Ive never been able to get the tuner 2 coax output to facilitate a stereo source through a theatre reciever by way of a vcr or a tv's coax output, anyone else had luck doing this?

Dave nye said:
Should work the same. I am a bit confussed by your post though.

With a 522/625 you can run 2 seperate TV's on different channels both with DVR functions at the same time. I am guessing that you are going to have your main TV on tuner1 and then run your other two TV's off of the tuner2 output. So you can record on tuner2 and sitll watch a live program on tuner1. After a program has been put on the drive you can watch it on either TV.

No, my main tv will also use tv2 because it generates stereo sound via the coax connection. I do not have any "extra" inputs available on the tv. That's why I will be using the coax connection. IF the tv1's coax was stereo, that would be the ideal setup.

Watching one program & recording another is just a matter of chaning from single/shared to dual...........isn't it?

Well, if you really need TV1 RF output to be stereo, you need to go buy a stereo modulator (Wal-Mart, around $20-25).

Single/dual mode has little to do with recording vs. watching - just has to do with tuner selection, and the best way to learn how that works is by playing with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts