Is this possible?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
I swear I've been reading about ways to get HDMI to TV2 of a ViP 722. I've also read about component connections but my 722 doesn't have anything but composite.

Only thing I could find on the internet was from Monoprice and it's called an Video/Audio Splitter - HDMI M to HDMI F X 2 and then maybe running HDMI cable to the other TV.

It would be nice to have something other than downconverted HD without having to get another box from Dish.

Your help as always is appreciated.

I swear I've been reading about ways to get HDMI to TV2 of a ViP 722. I've also read about component connections but my 722 doesn't have anything but composite.

Only thing I could find on the internet was from Monoprice and it's called an Video/Audio Splitter - HDMI M to HDMI F X 2 and then maybe running HDMI cable to the other TV.

It would be nice to have something other than downconverted HD without having to get another box from Dish.

Your help as always is appreciated.

If you want to be able to view HD on a 2nd TV with one 722 you'll have to use the TV1 tuner--mirrored signal, same channel @ same time. You connect the TV near the receiver via COMPONENT and the RCA audio connections, then run a HDMI cable to the 2nd TV. Or get a POWERED HDMI splitter and run HDMI to both. If you do the splitter thing make sure it's a one with it's own power supply--got mine from Monoprice. All connections are from the TV1 tuner, which are all "hot" @ the same time. You can leave the TV2 coax or composite connection to the 2nd TV to view programming independantly when it's need but of course that'll be SD.

Ed

TV1's tuner DOES have COMPONENT--Red/Blue/Green for video.

Last edited:
Alrighty, the big thing will be running the HDMI under the carpet. I'm more of Tim "the toolman" Taylor than Bob Vila. :)

Not really. What about along the baseboard then, just gotta find a way to hide it cause it's gonna pass the front door entry way.

Dunno if it's an option for you but both of mine run from the receivers' room to the outside of the house then back in to the room with the 2nd TV. Gives the back of my house (which looks at 3 acres of woods) a nice redneck look.;) The wife loves it.:rolleyes:
Good luck "Tim"!:)

Ed

Not really. What about along the baseboard then, just gotta find a way to hide it cause it's gonna pass the front door entry way.

two story house? work to be done on main floor?
If it's a one story, you can go up the wall( indside) into the attic and down the wall for the other room
DO NOT place an HDMI cable under the carpet..Expecially in a trafic area.
Along the wall is even worse. There is a tack strip along the walls to hold the carpet in place. Should the tacks in the strip break into the HDMI cable , it WILL fail.
Realistically, if you are Tim the Tool Man, then you should be able to repair drywall and paint. Use your powers of comon sense. If you can run the HDMI cables with as little inrusion as possible to the drywall, do that!!!

This is a townhome, rooms are back to back. I would like clarification so I'm gonna ask:

Why can't HDMI cable be run under the carpet?

Second option, I was planning on running the cable along the wall (non-noticeable) behind furniture so you can barely see it and then under the front door opening and to the TV?

Not a good idea either?

Thanks

This is a townhome, rooms are back to back. I would like clarification so I'm gonna ask:

Why can't HDMI cable be run under the carpet?

Second option, I was planning on running the cable along the wall (non-noticeable) behind furniture so you can barely see it and then under the front door opening and to the TV?

Not a good idea either?

Thanks

Gary-
I answered your PM. No reason other than cosmetics you can't do this. The Cat5e/Cat6 converter thingee is another option. You have to use 2 ethernet cables but they're a lot skinnier, may be easier to hide. Monoprice #6177.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts