Is this the place for Xfinity

There's a lot to know. Anything specific?

I'd point you to their website but it is intolerably slow.
Well just about anything. I know how to pay them (excessive). I have a DVR, so anything about that would helpful. I have help in the way I use streaming for other TV's (Roku). Giving them back the cable to HDMI boxes ($10 PER). The online help is ok, if you have a specific question. We come from the DISH world which brought me to these forums.

Well just about anything. I know how to pay them (excessive). I have a DVR, so anything about that would helpful. I have help in the way I use streaming for other TV's (Roku). Giving them back the cable to HDMI boxes ($10 PER). The online help is ok, if you have a specific question. We come from the DISH world which brought me to these forums.
You do not need a box anymore, just the app on the Roku, probably have to pay them for a cloud DVR, not sure.

I also know their fees are expensive , first are the standard $10 for FCC, public access, Franchise and the likes, then $27 for Broadcast Channels, $15-18 for Regional Sports Network Fee, then Box/DVR fees.

The fees alone are about what I pay for You Tube TV-$65 a month.

If you have Xfinity for TV, you're likely barking up the wrong tree (unless it is included in your rent or similar).

The X1 DVR is serviceable but not comparable to the Hopper (or perhaps even the DISH ViP 622).

Your question is a little like "what can I use a screwdriver for" so anything you can do to narrow your interests down would be appreciated.

Anything on managing the DVR on Xfinity would be appreciated, we have a DVR box. We live in a new development and where told that Xfinity was your only choice.That was for the first tv installed. Since then we are using ROKU for the other TV's since we have Xfinity wireless.
We have help for installing the TV's and I had no idea what was possible. Direct TV & Dish was pretty simple in the RV.

I was with Dish before the Hoppers arrived. Have had an X1 now for about 8 years. Don’t think there are any large differences I can think of between the two. Set a recording, either an individual episode or a series, and it does its thing. Playback is much the same as well. There is a trick to tell the X1 remote to treat the Page up and down buttons as 30 second skip forward or 10 second back. I typically use the guide function of Xfinity Stream app to set recordings.

Anything on managing the DVR on Xfinity would be appreciated, we have a DVR box.
As klang says, there's not a whole lot unusual about the X1 DVR that requires oversight or "management". If you've never used a DVR, there are some good YouTube videos.

For some basic X1 DVR info, this page gives lots of details (and doesn't take seconds to load):

What storage you have and whether it is "expandable" depends on the model. Expansion drives must be eSATA (assuming that there's an eSATA port on the back of the DVR) which isn't particularly easy to come by without some DIY.

As klang says, there's not a whole lot unusual about the X1 DVR that requires oversight or "management". If you've never used a DVR, there are some good YouTube videos.

For some basic X1 DVR info, this page gives lots of details (and doesn't take seconds to load):

What storage you have and whether it is "expandable" depends on the model. Expansion drives must be eSATA (assuming that there's an eSATA port on the back of the DVR) which isn't particularly easy to come by without some DIY.
Thanks for the link, will look at the TV and find model number, would like to know if it is expandable

DVR Picture

Attachments

• IMG_0295.jpeg
    IMG_0295.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 87
Google that. You have the right to put up an OTA or satellite antenna, within some constraints. I fought an HOA where I used to live and made it PLAIN to them, in no uncertain terms, that the dish and OTA antenna I put up were STAYING. One guy said I had no right to “lower his property values.” I passed out slips with the URL explaining MY rights. Never heard a peep afterwards. I suspect a lawyer got involved and advi$ed them to forget about it.

In my experience the HOAs know darn well that they can’t restrict dish or antenna installations for the most part. They leave the rules on books hoping to intimidate the residents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: navychop