Is this True? Directv +

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

HCI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2005
land of the ice and snow
I have heard the R15 will not show you signal untill you download the new software.
Just thought I would try to confirm this.

Thanks James.

some show the signal, some dont. some have the audio meter, some dont.

there is no rhyme or reason to it.

i use my meter, and carry a rca 420 / 440 with me to make sure

dragon002 said:
some show the signal, some dont. some have the audio meter, some dont.
there is no rhyme or reason to it.
i use my meter, and carry a rca 420 / 440 with me to make sure

Does anyone know why the hell directv would do this? Just like everything else you buy then have to download a patch for to make it work correctly. This S$IT is making me sick that Million dollar companys cannot get there S$it straight.

Tate Satellites said:
Does anyone know why the hell directv would do this? Just like everything else you buy then have to download a patch for to make it work correctly. This S$IT is making me sick that Million dollar companys cannot get there S$it straight.
Million dollar company:D try BILLION

signal strength on 2 inputs

My R15 did show signal strength on one meter (94%) but since I installed the second line in after my initial setup, it would not recognize the second input until I reset. Alas, the magical red button behind the card door. Now it also shows signal strength at 94%. The manual that comes with the R15 is worthless.

ditto - reset works for signal on both tuners

James/Tate Satellites is absolutely right...I just went through this last night with Directv...I had worked really hard to run an additional cable through my house to be able to use both tuners on my new R-15. I made the mistake of calling Directv tech support (got tier 2) before trying to "reset" again w/the red button first. While they were nice, they were confused and the call took forever before it was finally recommended to reset. Sure enough, when I did that, both tuners picked up the signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts