Is this True?

whyme

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 27, 2004
I was sent a paper bill for my Voom service since my credit card number expired. And I sent a check to Voom. Two days after I sent the check I called and talked to a CSR since in the mean time they cut off my service (Even though the due date for that bill is 2 weeks from now) The CSR said that I could not pay by check and put me on hold and claimed to call the billing department. He came back and said that the billing department received my check and sent it back to me. (I never mentioned that I sent the check to Voom 2 days ago) So I knew instantly that was total BS NO Billing department gets a payment in 2 days from 6 states away via post mail processes it and sends a check back in 2 days. Funny that this happened almost a week ago and I still havent gotten my check back. SO are they going to process it??

Why send a bill and ask for a payment via check if you wont take a check? Doesnt make sense.. I hate CSR's...

Obviously, the CSR told you bs about the check being returned but I believe that he's right in that they won't process it.
My advise is to cance the check and call VOOM to update your credit card and ask them to process your payment immediately.

whyme said:
Why send a bill and ask for a payment via check if you wont take a check?
The bill does NOT ask for payment by check.

Neither does it have a return envelope for payment.

YOU agree to pay by credit card when YOU sign up.

YOU broke that agreement.

Get over it.

I've always got a paper bill and paid by check. Never by credit card. Why am I so special? :D

Hey Geno, welcome back. I get a paper bill every month and pay by check with no hassles. Never paid by credit card either. I'm not sure how that ever happened, but I'm not calling a CSR to find out why.

I just wish they'd get my account right. Since I went from the basic package to vavavoom, they charge my card $162 each month. One for vavavoom and then also for the basic. I've called them 4 times, they see the error right away and say they will turn it over to billing (something like that). But, the next month rolls around with no changes, no adjustments and another $162 monthly charge. I think voom likes credit cards! (Black gold, Texas Tea)

vurbano said:
The bill does NOT ask for payment by check.

Neither does it have a return envelope for payment.

YOU broke that agreement.

Get over it.

I'm just curious. Where does the belief that the simple act of signing up for Voom is in itself an agreement to pay by credit card come from? I've seen other people state this as well. I "signed up" by phone. I DID NOT agree to ANY credit card payments, let alone monthly recurring ones. I did give them a credit card number (naively believing that it was just as security against their property that I was leasing). When they tried to charge it, I changed the account number. Since then I have received a paper bill each month -- and it DOES come with a return envelope for payment.

TheTimm said:
I'm just curious. Where does the belief that the simple act of signing up for Voom is in itself an agreement to pay by credit card come from? ...

No such agreement exists.

Here's what you can read on Voom's own web page customer agreement section:
" You will pay your bill by check, money order, credit or debit card, electronic funds transfer (when available), or such other payment method as we may accept, in our sole discretion."

However, this section may apply to some of you:
"(j) Electronic Billing. If you choose electronic billing (where available), you waive any right to paper bills or notices."

vurbano said:

andrzej said:
No such agreement exists.

Here's what you can read on Voom's own web page customer agreement section:
" You will pay your bill by check, money order, credit or debit card, electronic funds transfer (when available), or such other payment method as we may accept, in our sole discretion."

:confused: Any comments, corrections, apologies, or explanations, Vurb? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts