Is Unplugging & Moving the HD DVR Risky?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jyafink

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Okay, so I just did another post called "All Recordings Deleted – Is an Update the Reason?"

All the recordings on one HD DVR got wiped out and the other one didn't. It's a good thing I recorded the most important programs on both for backup. The DVR that has the recordings intact is hooked up to a small t.v. The shows I want to watch are best suited to a large t.v. which is in another room. So, if I unplug and swap the two receivers will I risk losing the recorded shows on the other DVR also? I've only been a customer for five weeks so I don't have experience in doing something like that. Thank you.

Okay, so I just did another post called "All Recordings Deleted – Is an Update the Reason?"

All the recordings on one HD DVR got wiped out and the other one didn't. It's a good thing I recorded the most important programs on both for backup. The DVR that has the recordings intact is hooked up to a small t.v. The shows I want to watch are best suited to a large t.v. which is in another room. So, if I unplug and swap the two receivers will I risk losing the recorded shows on the other DVR also? I've only been a customer for five weeks so I don't have experience in doing something like that. Thank you.

To answer your question, "Should you lose recording by moving your DVR" ?

NO, not at all.
Not sure why that would happen :(

Jimbo

Think of it this way.

Your DVR is basically a PC. Would you think twice about moving your PC?

As far as losing the recordings, It happens like the blue screen of death on your PC. Nobody can explain it yet it happens.

what i have noticed is with D dvr's you can unplug and move right away or you can even move it to lets say another shelf without unplugging it. E dvr's have to be unplugged for about 30 seconds before you can move it at all or it will be damaged. D dvr's are less sensitive.

about two months ago I moved my HR21, didn't lost my saved shows, but all timers were lost in the process!

Not just on DISH DVRs even your PC you should give the hard drive about 30 seconds after you put them in standby. This allows the Hard Drive to park before you jar it by moving.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)