Status
Please reply by conversation.

LMckin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 30, 2005
Upstate SC
From Directv Facebook

We have launched a dedicated Tropical Storm Isaac information channel. We plan continuous coverage until the storm has diminished in strength on channels 325 and 349.

http://news.directv.com/2012/08/26/tropical-storm-isaac/

at 9 p.m. EDT/6 p.m. PDT tonight and will air on viewer channels 325 and 349. DIRECTV plans to provide continuous coverage until the storm has diminished in strength.

DIRECTV will simulcast local news and information coverage from various stations in affected markets as the storm moves up from the Florida Keys through the Gulf of Mexico. DIRECTV will also provide graphical information to inform our customer base about potential evacuations, closures, event cancellations and any additional critical information as needed. Storm preparation information will be delivered in graphical form from the American Red Cross along with information from other emergency organizations.

As DIRECTV tracks the storm it will manually switch to a local station in the affected market. The information channel will broadcast coverage from the following markets:

Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
Ft. Myers-Naples, Fla.
Tampa-St. Petersburg, Fla.
Gainesville, Fla.
Tallahassee, Fla.
Panama City, Fla.
Mobile, Ala-Pensacola, Fla.
Montgomery, Ala.
Biloxi, Miss.
Hattiesburg, Miss.
New Orleans, La.

About DIRECTV:
DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV) is one of the world’s leading providers of digital television entertainment services delivering a premium video experience through state-of-the-art technology, unmatched programming and industry-leading customer service to 33 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America. In the U.S., DIRECTV offers its 19.9 million customers access to more than 170 HD channels and Dolby-Digital® 5.1 theater-quality sound, access to exclusive sports programming such as NFL SUNDAY TICKET™, Emmy-award winning technology and higher customer satisfaction than the leading cable companies for 11 years running. DIRECTV Latin America, through its subsidiaries and affiliated companies in Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, Colombia, and other Latin American countries, leads the pay-TV category in technology, programming and service, delivering an unrivaled digital television experience to 12 million customers. DIRECTV sports and entertainment properties include three Regional Sports Networks (Northwest, Rocky Mountain and Pittsburgh) as well as a 60 percent interest in Game Show Network. For the most up-to-date information on DIRECTV, please visit www.directv.com.

Very cool of DirecTV.. also today is far worse than all day yesterday was.. craziness.. driving was painful & dangerous, but work was open.. yay.. :-|

Thank you Directv and this is why they are far ahead of their competition :)

yup always nice of D* to put up channels like that.....even if its SD only ;)

Gotta bring up HD for everything. It's nice of Directv to provide it, and it being in SD only is no big deal!!. Not everything is HD yet.

Is she wearing a raincoat? DSCF5060.JPG

Styler1 said:
Gotta bring up HD for everything. It's nice of Directv to provide it, and it being in SD only is no big deal!!. Not everything is HD yet.

I believe Iceberg is aware of that; thats why he winked when he said it. I like they added the channel but I agree with him. I prob wont watch it cause to me SD is unwatchable. But again it was a joke...

I believe Iceberg is aware of that; thats why he winked when he said it. I like they added the channel but I agree with him. I prob wont watch it cause to me SD is unwatchable. But again it was a joke...
What did you do during the first 50 years of TV when it was SD only? Did you only start watching TV when HD came out?

The channel looks good and even if it was over compressed. It's still worth watching for the information it gives from the local channels in the area. There are people I know with family down there and are happy for the channel is on. So let me guess, you don't watch weather warnings for your area if they are not in HD?.

I was being sarcastic.....I beat everyone to the punch...you know. Like when we got Disney Jr and people whined because it wasnt in HD

Very cool... don't really need it since I have the NOLA locals in HD anyways. Baton Rouge locals are showing regular programming, glad I have both ;)

john262 said:
What did you do during the first 50 years of TV when it was SD only? Did you only start watching TV when HD came out?

Once HD came out thats all I watch but I wasn't around for the whole first 50 years either...

Styler1 said:
The channel looks good and even if it was over compressed. It's still worth watching for the information it gives from the local channels in the area. There are people I know with family down there and are happy for the channel is on. So let me guess, you don't watch weather warnings for your area if they are not in HD?.

If they were not in HD then I would not watch but they are so I don't have to worry about it.

I know I surely didn't watch the SD on a 16:9 60 inch progressive scan set. SD would be fine if I was kid again in my bedroom watching it on the 13 inch. But we are not, and as the TV evolved the video did as well. It's a shocker when it steps back.

I don't watch SD either anymore.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)