Issue with 101.0 West

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sergei

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
iowa
Is anyone else having problems with 101W KU with getting any of the channels off of TP 12060 which includes History Channel,Fox News (audio) etc. The signals are all over the place. So is it me or them?

Well I've determined that the problem is on their end so either they have a transponder out or an uplinking issue as I rescanned and came up with the new thai/lao fta stations so I know my end is good. Sure hope they haven't killed it!

Varying only by 2 or 3 points in Northern California. Same as other SES1 KU transponders. Seems pretty stable and normal on my 90cm home system.

This is interesting as I've dropped more than 30 points between the two transponders as the channels on 12019 are rock solid but the one's on 12059 are breaking up really bad. Not that cold outside so I'm sure that's not my issue with the LNB and the channels started breaking up real slowly around 8 o'clock and just got worse. I'll have to check the dish in the morning to see what's going on as maybe something is loose with the feedhorn.

I noticed a fairly substantial dropout around the same time as Sergei's post, but it is almost back to normal now (and we have been having rain off and on the whole night).

Well to add to my mystery I checked this morning and the transponder signal is back to where it normally has been before last night. I have a signal intensity at 94% and the quality at 72% now but last night I saw both signals drop drown to zero and fluctuate backup. Yet the other transponder on the same satellite showed no change at all with it's output. So why didn't I see the same problem on the other transponder which to me should rule out the LNB, but maybe I'm wrong.
Last night the weather was clear with light winds and the temperature around 54 degrees. And since I live out in the country where my nearest neighbor is a quarter mile from me and the only things normally moving around here are the deer and raccoons. And they roll the roads up after 8 around here.
And from what I could tell the problem start to correct itself around 1130 as it seems to become more stable, but still the quality was at 45% and intensity at 94%.
It working now and hopefully will not return.;)

UPDATE: I think I found my problem..After doing more research my thinking is that since I'm using a Co-Rotor and I'm just using the KU side, but still have the servo motor still hooked up that it may have problem by changing the skew. Normally I've seen this problem before when changing channels but there's a first time. Time to disconnect it!

Last edited:
working fine here

that new TP at 12020 H 30000 is wacky. I have to move the dish a smidge west to optimize signal but then the rest go down

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts