Issue with dual LNBs and TiVo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stephens75287

Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Anyone know why I can not watch live tv while recording on my TiVo with dual LNBs? I think there is something I forgot to do but I don't know what it is!

What exactly do you mean you can't watch live TV while recording two programs? If you mean that you can't watch a different program than the two you are recording, you are misunderstanding your device. You can record two programs at once but they are both "live". You can watch a third program that was previously recorded while recording two others but not a different live one.

Oh, do you have two tuners enabled in the system settings of TIVO? That's probably your problem. You will need to go thru guided system setup again to enable the second tuner.

Also -- TiVo still has to dedicate a tuner to the recording.
You can hit "Live TV" when watching a program live to switch to the other tuner.

Also, instead of hitting the Directv/Tivo button, there is a LiveTV button or you can hit the down arrow to switch tuners.

The problem was with my dual tuners not being enabled. Once I enabled them, both tuners worked. thanks everyone.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)