Issue with Installation 1000.2 West Arc with hopper and solo node 129W

chapin4life

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
I have one hopper and 2 joeys I got a 1000.2W the lnb of the 1000.2W has 3 outputs but the solo node only has 2 inputs

so I connected a cable to ouput 1 and 2 to solo node, did the trick with foil and just aiming 119 with the middle lnb I got 75%

after i took out the foil I saw that 110 was detected but really low 35% and still nothing on 129W, am I doing something wrong, do the 3 cables have to come out from the lnb since it has 4 outputs?

DISH1000.2.jpg

Last edited:
The dish is made to use with more than one type of Dish receiver. With one Hopper, you only need two lines from the dish, you would need another line if you get a 2nd Hopper. Either the arm that holds the dish is not plumb or your skew is off. You should not that the numbers are not a percentage, but you still want high numbers, 75 is very good and 35 will give you problems especially if you have a clear sky with no clouds.

thanks for the reply garys, what's odd is that i got 75% in 119 and 35% on 110 and nothing on 129W afte doing the foil trick with just the middle lnb uncovered

I just got this right now
129W.jpg

Last edited:
Don't look at the readings as a percentage as they can go up to 125, for instance in the area I install in Michigan the Dish minimums are set in the 60-75 range for the 110 and 119 (depending on transponder) and in the 50s for the 129. I'm not sure where you're located but that discrepancy between 110 and 119 seems high, is the skew set properly?

I would also verify line of site for the 129 and that you are using a transponder on the point dish screen that is actually in use. On a WA set up I would usually peak off of 119 TP 14, 110 TP 10, most HD setups in this area are EA due to the local spot beams but I think 19 or 21 should work for the 129.

That screen you posted makes me cringe, I've seen that on a bad hopper and a bad node, the first 2 tuners seem to have pulled some information of the 129 but the 3rd isn't.

Yes the skew is correct I'm up north beside the border with buffalo which transponder should i use to search for 129W i heard TP 12516 is the best but the hopper doesnt say the tp just 1 to 20

Try TP 19, if I'm right that 129 should be at almost 20 degrees for you, I'm a little surprised most places further to the northeast don't use EA only spot beams for the locals.

I did some tweaks and I got 129 to show up

but when I click on a HD channel I get signal loss so I guess I have to tweak some more

I got 110W up to 65% aswell but still no 129W

129w pic 2.jpg

You may need to get an EA LNB for up there. Not sure about Buffalo, but I know the Rochester, NY HD locals are on EA only as 129 doesn't come in very well due to how low in the horizon it sits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)