Issue with new 612 install

WestTexas

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 29, 2004
Just added a new 612 to my setup. Having a problem with Input 2 seeing the 129 sat. After the switch test, I get the following:

Satellite Input 1
Port 1 2 3 4
Satellite 119 110 129 X
Trans OK OK OK X
Device 1K.2 1K.2 1K.2 N.C.
Status Reception Verified
Switch DP44 w/Separator

Satellite Input 2

Port 1 2 3 4
Satellite 119 110 Conn X
Trans OK OK X X
Device 1K.2 1K.2 1K.2 N.C.
Status Reception Verified
Switch DP44 w/Seperator

Also, Details screen says on Satellite Input 2:
Port3 DPP 1K.2 Good Connection, No Signal

So input 2 seems to see the 1K.2 and the DP44, but not a signal from 129. My other receivers do see 129.

My overall system is as follows:
Dishpro on the roof, three leads dropped to two DP44 switches, cascaded.

5 receivers connected, all single cable runs off the DP44s with DP Plus Separators at the receivers:
- Two 622's
- One 625
- Two 612's (one is the new one)

The other three HD receivers don't seem to have a problem, and see sat 129 fine on their Receiver 2.

Thoughts? What should I check?

Try just running the check switch again. Often that will clear the issue.

Yeah, tried that several time, including once with coax disconnected to clear switch settings.

I'm wondering if the coax line run to this receiver is having issues with the higher band 129 signal. Would be nearly impossible to replace as attic lines go to a distribution panel, then go on to individual rooms.

I'm wondering if the coax line run to this receiver is having issues with the higher band 129 signal.
Possible. You can verify that by swapping the leads going from separator to tuners.

I would guess you have a bad port on the DPP44. Try one of your 3 spares.

Possible. You can verify that by swapping the leads going from separator to tuners.

I would guess you have a bad port on the DPP44. Try one of your 3 spares.

I realized that if Receiver 1 on this 612 was getting 129, then the primary coax was probably fine. Swapped the separator, no luck.

But after a couple of hard reboots, and another check switch....tada! It works.

Go figure. Who knows.... these receivers can be finicky.

I realized that if Receiver 1 on this 612 was getting 129, then the primary coax was probably fine.
Glad it started working! But... You were right to be suspicious the first time. The separator is a passive device like a diplexer, with the crossover frequency being between bands. So, the upper bandstacked band will always go to one tuner. Could have been your coax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts