Issue with Skip Back on Hopper 3 & Joeys

revx

Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
When I'm watching a recorded show, and I press the skip back (10 second) button, it has started skipping forward what seems to be a random amount of time. I've also noticed that the skip forward (30 seconds) is skipping more than 30 seconds some times. Although I thought it was related to certain shows at first, I can now say that's it's happening with anything I've recorded. Even older recordings.

My setup is a Hopper3 and two Joey2s that are all doing this. Tried different removes but even my Harmony is doing this... it started suddenly about three weeks ago (maybe more?) I assume after a software update.

Anybody else? or a way to fix this? I have rebooted everything with no luck.
Thanks
re\/x

• Sad
Reactions: dweber and TheKrell
It’s very frustrating what’s been going on lately with my two 4K Joeys and H3. I tried to fast forward on a NASCAR race it was virtually impossible to stop it even close to where I needed it to be. Skip ahead is a total joke also I don’t know what the hell is going on but once again dish is slow to fix what they broke, again.

I have also noticed problems with the skip back and skip ahead on both of my Hopper3 receivers. It seems to happen when I try to do multiple skips at once on the remote Hopper3. It is not consistent so it is going to be harder for Dish to correct.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Yeah, me too. It is extremely frustrating because sometimes I use a trick that works, but then that is the time it does NOT do the dirty deed. This particular problem really KILLS the heart of the whole trick-play, about 50% of makes a DVR great. Dish please fix this and the 4PIP Bar Mode mess, as well.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yeah, me too. It is extremely frustrating because sometimes I use a trick that works, but then that is the time it does NOT do the dirty deed. This particular problem really KILLS the heart of the whole trick-play, about 50% of makes a DVR great. Dish please fix this and the 4PIP Bar Mode mess, as well.
...and the pixilating Joey issue! Wow, that is going to be one huge software update whenever all of these fixes are finally released. Or perhaps Dish will roll them out piece-meal, with a bunch of smaller, more frequent updates.

What is your trick?

I use Multi PIP every day. I lose sound, can't change from one pane to the next with the direction pad (Have to use the Recall Button as a temporary fix)...Yes, wish Dish would repair the damage they created.

I see the same problem with skip backwards on my Joeys and Hopper with Sling. I find if I hit the skip backwards multiple times it will eventually go backwards but the number of times can vary before it starts going back. So sometimes you go back too far and some times you end up where you started.

Reactions: TheKrell
What is your trick?

I use Multi PIP every day. I lose sound, can't change from one pane to the next with the direction pad (Have to use the Recall Button as a temporary fix)...Yes, wish Dish would repair the damage they created.
The "trick" I employ relates ONLY to the Skip backwards function, not the 4PIP, unfortunately. I have no advice about 4PIP other than trying to avoid it, but it is such a useful and great feature, I have to use it sometimes. I really get irritated with the 4PIP when I happen to be recording a show on another channel and now have a gap and hope that show will be repeated later for a full recording.

FWIW, the trick for the skip BACKward problem is to--only after it fails to skip backwards--press the Skip Backward button 3-5 times in quick succession with the result being the first 1 is a forward skip, but subsequent skips are backwards taking me pretty close to where I want to be in the past. YMMV.

I see the same problem with skip backwards on my Joeys and Hopper with Sling. I find if I hit the skip backwards multiple times it will eventually go backwards but the number of times can vary before it starts going back. So sometimes you go back too far and some times you end up where you started.
Yep, mine too. I posted the response before seeing your post. Sorry, but glad to see others have figured out a very inexact and annoying work-around that can work to some degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)