Issues with KTLA Superstation?

js6425

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
Is anyone else having intermittent stuttering and blackouts on channel 232 KTLA:confused:? I started noticing it last night, and it's still occurring now on our 211 (also with our 622, so it can't be the receiver). Any input appreciated.:)

I am also having intermittent stuttering and blackouts on the KTLA channel. I called dish and they said that they are aware of the problem.

Does anybody know if DISH receives and distributes the digital signal, or the old analog signal? I'm guessing it's still the analog signal, but I can say that their digital signal (which I can get with an indoor antenna) has been having some issues lately, including wild signal fluctuations, and a few occasions on which the digital signal "froze" and then went black for a while.

Does anybody know if DISH receives and distributes the digital signal, or the old analog signal? I'm guessing it's still the analog signal, but I can say that their digital signal (which I can get with an indoor antenna) has been having some issues lately, including wild signal fluctuations, and a few occasions on which the digital signal "froze" and then went black for a while.
I don't know what Dish gives you if you get KTLA as part of a superstation package. But I am in the LA area and get it as part of my local channels add on package. It is the old analog feed only.
If you are getting the digital feed the problem may just be that KTLA might be experimenting with their digital signal. Until next year I believe all digital broadcasts are considered to be in test mode. Where I live, my view of the broadcast antenna on Mt. Wilson is partially blocked by a foreground ridge. Until two months ago the KTLA digital signal strength at my house was 0. Then it suddenly jumped to 66 and I get a gorgeous picture on my 622 using the OTA tuner. Except that every so often (maybe once every three weeks or so) the signal goes back to 0 for a day or two.

I don't know what Dish gives you if you get KTLA as part of a superstation package. But I am in the LA area and get it as part of my local channels add on package. It is the old analog feed only.
If you are getting the digital feed the problem may just be that KTLA might be experimenting with their digital signal. Until next year I believe all digital broadcasts are considered to be in test mode. Where I live, my view of the broadcast antenna on Mt. Wilson is partially blocked by a foreground ridge. Until two months ago the KTLA digital signal strength at my house was 0. Then it suddenly jumped to 66 and I get a gorgeous picture on my 622 using the OTA tuner. Except that every so often (maybe once every three weeks or so) the signal goes back to 0 for a day or two.

Then it seems that KTLA's digital signal has been in a state of flux for quite a while. I hope they get their act together before Feb. 2009. For the past few days, the signal strength has been up at a higher level for me again.

How do you know it is the analog feed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts