Issues with managing my account online.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chrisrosenb

Original poster
Dec 13, 2009
East Central Indiana
Why is it that I can activate programing online, but I cannot deactivate it online?

Yesterday I spent over 45minutes on hold, trying to cancel Showtime, before being able to talk to a rep. That was 2 different calls. I got disconnected the first time. I finally got to talk to a rep who said, after several minutes, that he removed Showtime from my account. During the time on hold, I had to listen over & over to a recording about how it could manage my account online. Today I discovered that Showtime is still active on my account & my online account shows no sign of it ever being deactivated. So Directv wasted over 45 minutes of my time for nothing.

Simply a business decision on Directv's part. you can add online but must call to remove.

They hope you won't bother calling and will just keep paying each month.

That is what I figured, but I can play games to. This is going to cost them. This made us reevaluate or total Directv package.

Instead of just cutting about $12 in programing as I planned, I cut my bill as much as I could online. I went to a $20 per month cheaper package, canceled HD super pack, ended paperless billing & auto pay. Now when I call tomorrow, I will cancel both Showtime & Starz. Plus deactivate 2 receivers that we do not watch much. With all of the online content now available, I do not believe we will miss any of it.

Good for you! :)

But unfortunately, directv has so many customers, it doesn't really prove any point.

yep, if you want to add premiums, go ahead, but to cancel them, they want the oppotunity to talk you out of it.. they have a seperate department just for that.
Sorry if it made you mad, but no company wants to make it easy to lose money. Thats just business.. had you stuck with it, they probably would have offered you some pretty good deals to keep the premiums.

Good for you! :)

But unfortunately, directv has so many customers, it doesn't really prove any point.

I understand that, but they are going to be getting a lot less of my money. Money that they would have continued to receive if the would have been more customer friendly.

yep, if you want to add premiums, go ahead, but to cancel them, they want the oppotunity to talk you out of it.. they have a seperate department just for that.
Sorry if it made you mad, but no company wants to make it easy to lose money. Thats just business.. had you stuck with it, they probably would have offered you some pretty good deals to keep the premiums.

Sorry, but I will not play these stupid games. No business gives things away for free. They just make you feel like you got something for free, after they made you crawl through a sewer to get it.

I agree that if you can activate something online, you shouldn't be forced to (and without a heads-up) cancel in person or on the phone.

However is that new policy? I thought a thing like that was for those with grandfathered packages, ("you cannot add Or remove programming online without first upgrading your package", which struck me as an odd thing to say because online is where I added them..)

Basically they make it as convenient as possible to give them more money or the opportunity of more money.

That is what I figured, but I can play games to. This is going to cost them. This made us reevaluate or total Directv package.

Instead of just cutting about $12 in programing as I planned, I cut my bill as much as I could online. I went to a $20 per month cheaper package, canceled HD super pack, ended paperless billing & auto pay. Now when I call tomorrow, I will cancel both Showtime & Starz. Plus deactivate 2 receivers that we do not watch much. With all of the online content now available, I do not believe we will miss any of it.

Are you a HD customer ?
If so, when you cancel your Auto pay, you'll increase your bill by $10 (for HD access) unless your turning your HD signal off as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts