It the Joey need to be connected to the internet?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If you connect your ethernet to the HIC by the Joey, you shouldn't need to connect at the Hopper. The HIC connects the H/J Moca network to your LAN.

That's very true, but I also had to connect ethernet to the Joey itself otherwise no internet on the Joey, but the LAN does connect. It does fully connect to the Hopper though. I have access points at both locations anyway, so not using the HIC. Just individual ethernet connections to each receiver and I am done with it.

That's very true, but I also had to connect ethernet to the Joey itself otherwise no internet on the Joey, but the LAN does connect. It does fully connect to the Hopper though. I have access points at both locations anyway, so not using the HIC. Just individual ethernet connections to each receiver and I am done with it.
There is no internet on the Joey anyways. Ondemand should work even with just the hoppers connected. Only reason to connect a joey is for DLNA on that specific TV set.

There is no internet on the Joey anyways. Ondemand should work even with just the hoppers connected. Only reason to connect a joey is for DLNA on that specific TV set.

Then it does not matter is internet is out on the Joey, since anything I need from the internet will be accessed through the Hopper?

Then it does not matter is internet is out on the Joey, since anything I need from the internet will be accessed through the Hopper?

Correct, The joeys are just clients of the main hopper box. Once you have internet access provided to the hopper(s), you should be able to do ondemand on the corresponding joeys that they are attached to. (The only exception is DLNA for now)

In my case, I didn't have an ethernet cable near my Hoppers. I did however have ethernet access in the same room as a Joey, so i used the Hopper Internet Connector (HIC) as a bridge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)