It turns on by itself...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Alright guys, it is an H23 model. I think I found a solution. Before the receiver was plugged directly into a wall outlet, that's when it would come on by itself. Now, I plugged it into a surge protector and it hasn't come on by itself. So, maybe there was some kind of voltage/power spike. Thanks for the help. :)

Good to hear!!

Alright guys, it is an H23 model. I think I found a solution. Before the receiver was plugged directly into a wall outlet, that's when it would come on by itself. Now, I plugged it into a surge protector and it hasn't come on by itself. So, maybe there was some kind of voltage/power spike. Thanks for the help. :)

Glad to see you have it solved, it's always interesting to figure out the strange ones like this !

I think I might know what it is. Did you plug the surge suppressor into the same outlet the dvr used to be plugged into or a different one? Sometimes if you've got a lot of stuff on one outlet or one circuit, and you turn on a tv, a vacuum cleaner, a fridge or something else with a big power-on surge...you get enough of a voltage sag to make an inexpensive power supply like the one in the HR's drop enough to make the box reboot.

Even if you plugged the suppressor into the same outlet, it might just be helping isolate the dvr enough to keep the sag/shock from hitting it.

Might also be two things that had to be turned on or used at the same time to trigger the sag.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)