It Works!!! Game on!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryK

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 25, 2005
I'm stoked. I've taken my brother's old dish (10ft mesh) and put all new hardware on it...and added a dsr922.

I've spent today trying to get the old actuator to work, and several hours trying to get a signal. Nothing. I knew the elevation was right...he never changed those settings and lived just 30 miles away. I just had to point the bracket south and go........But alas, I got nothing.

an hour ago I found out about how magnetic north isn't TRUE north .... :) I made a 5 degree change and came in slewing the dish...BOOM I've got QVC!

I've never been so happy to watch QVC.

Now I just gotta figure out what satellite this is. I know it's QVC and it's c-band on Transponder 9. ...any guesses?

Thanks again EVERYONE for all your help!

Ok, I've hit a bump in the road.....

I found and setup 3 satellites last night. G5 G1 and C4. What I discovered though, was that after moving the dish a couple times, they were *gone*. I fished around and got them back, but they were at different locations on my screen. (what was at 4589 was now at 5420 etc). I think this means my rusty old actuator is bad...just wondering if you'd agree.

Problem 2: This "IPG" thingy.... I went to G1, and hit guide, and It said "please wait while we process your request" for about 10 minutes. Now, I'll agree that it's a pretty little message window..but I was expecting something more than that. :p Is something supposed to happen after that "request" is processed?

JerryK said:
Ok, I've hit a bump in the road.....

I found and setup 3 satellites last night. G5 G1 and C4. What I discovered though, was that after moving the dish a couple times, they were *gone*. I fished around and got them back, but they were at different locations on my screen. (what was at 4589 was now at 5420 etc). I think this means my rusty old actuator is bad...just wondering if you'd agree.
It sounds as if your actuator position sensor may be dirty or just plain shot. Take the back plate off the actuator and try to clean the sensor, if that doesnt work time for a new one.
Good Luck :-D

Thanks for the feedback drhydro...

Diamond Jim, I did call NPS and subscribe to Absolute Digital last night. I'll play with it some more once the actuator issue is resolved.

Thanks again,
Jerry

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts