Its alive... ITS ALIVE!!! The Franken-ciever lives again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkrenicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
After a few reincarnations, my Pantec MS (Pansat 2500a Clone) lives again...

This time with much better powersupplies than it has ever had before... no sir, no dying power supplies this time.

I forgot to drill a hole for the Svideo connector, but I am not using that on this TV anyways.. I can always drill it out later if necessary.

This board requires the following voltages, 3.3v, 5v, 12v, 20v, and 28v.. Unfortunately , finding a powersupply with all of these voltages is near impossible.

I found an old General Instruments satellite reciever, that had 3.3v 7.5v 20v and 30v (on a trimmer), so that is the middle power supply.. and I used an external CDROM drive power supply for the 5v and 12v lines.

The original CDROM power supply was tiny, and actually fit in the original case along with the GI powersupply, but that CDROM ps was flakey at best.. so, I found a different CDROM power supply, but it was too big.

Since I didnt use that CDROM anymore, I decided to gut the case, and mount the reciever in that case, which happened to hold both power supplies with a little room to spare. That is where these photos come in.. some in-progress shots, and the final product.

The unit seems to power on fine, but I left the remote control at home, so I am unable to program the box to recieve the C-band stuff here at the office. So, I will have to comment on its functionality later tonight.

For those with a keen eye, the power connector is on the left hand side, near the back, along with the power switch.

But, for those interested, photos are below.

Attachments

• DSC01891.jpg
    DSC01891.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC01892.jpg
    DSC01892.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC01894.jpg
    DSC01894.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC01895.jpg
    DSC01895.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC01896.jpg
    DSC01896.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC01897.jpg
    DSC01897.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 196
Yea, it was done by a little shop named Sharpie.. they do pretty good stuff ;)

Well, since I am not going to see the back of this, it didnt really matter, as long as I can tell what wire goes where

Reciever works like a champ.. I have to go thru and reconfigure everything, but hey.

I just noticed that my DiSEqC 1.2 does not have a bump function... I think I loaded an old firmware by accident.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)