It's Alive

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Found Amc10 with my 8' mesh... my VCII module still works Discovery East and E in the clear... no sparklys at all on the non encrypted channels... G1 sure is empty... Cartoon network comes in too...

Last edited:
dfergie said:
Found Amc10 with my 8' mesh... my VCII module still works Discovery East and E in the clear... no sparklys at all on the non encrypted channels... G1 sure is empty... Cartoon network comes in too...

Try G 5 , lot of VC II channels , some ( but not all ) of which come in on my blue VC II + board .

I also get discovery on AMC 10 .

Wyr

Here is a comparison between C-Band and my E* local... not sure if it will come out but... Big Files Pick which one you think came from the local... added 2 more jpegs, you can still see...

Attachments

• c.JPG
    c.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 140
  • E.JPG
    E.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 136
  • Echostar local.BMP
    1,012.6 KB · Views: 102
  • C bamd.BMP
    1,012.6 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Errrr...no comparison

dfergie said:
Here is a comparison between C-Band and my E* local... not sure if it will come out but... Big Files Pick which one you think came from the local...

No Question here...475 looks like the winner to me!:D
regards
jeff

Omg....

dfergie said:
My BUDS, taken in Nov of 04...

Now I see what you mean....Never saw a BUD UNDER a tree before. NICE DISHES THOUGH.

Hey, there is always the ROUNDUP treatment:D

Had a business where the city let a large potted tree grow too far and covered the sign..

they wouldn't trim it...so....magically it died:devil:
Jeff

Got actuator arm and Ku lnb in, I had a bolt break on my actuator arm last year causing it to hit the pole... what I did not notice was where the dish mounted to a piece 2"x 3" square tubing the upper mounting bolts slipped causing the dish to look further down. After fixing that I found that none of my dish movers will move it Tracker II and an old uniden ust730 ( will try my GI receiver next week maybe) ... Using truck battery to find satellites again...found west sats, heading east but I'm going to give up and rest a little before I go to work in 2 hours...

dfergie said:
Got actuator arm and Ku lnb in, I had a bolt break on my actuator arm last year causing it to hit the pole... what I did not notice was where the dish mounted to a piece 2"x 3" square tubing the upper mounting bolts slipped causing the dish to look further down. After fixing that I found that none of my dish movers will move it Tracker II and an old uniden ust730 ( will try my GI receiver next week maybe) ... Using truck battery to find satellites again...found west sats, heading east but I'm going to give up and rest a little before I go to work in 2 hours...

I used a 12 volt battery charger to start off with , for rough install , untill I ran a cable to the receiver .

That is the way I got the dish to " top dead center " . then I started swiveling the whole dish & mount to try to hit my due south sat .

Wyr

Fine tuning... using Battery Charger to move Thanks for the tip:D no Ku yet But Analog is coming in nicely... and Digital C-Band via the DVB box as I am starting to figure it out... need to replace my 25 degree LNB now(its working fine though)Getting a E* 622 Box maybe tomarrow so will be playing with it for a bit...

dfergie said:
Fine tuning... using Battery Charger to move Thanks for the tip:D no Ku yet But Analog is coming in nicely... and Digital C-Band via the DVB box as I am starting to figure it out... need to replace my 25 degree LNB now(its working fine though)Getting a E* 622 Box maybe tomarrow so will be playing with it for a bit...

I am getting a fair amount of Digital C band on the 10' Zenith perferated sheet metal dish . But a lot / most of what I have found , so far , w/ the Fortec Ultra is scrambled . :-(

Analog C band is coming in like gang busters ! :) Luckey me , I am getting all those shopping channels , in the clear .

Kind of neat , watching the ABC feeds and some other stuff like that .

I am using a 30 degree California Amplifier LNB , if you replace your 25 degree LNB , I would be happy to give it a good home . :)

Best of luck ,
Wyr

Those Shopping Channels and C-span are sparkly free for me...My 622 did not come in so I might go to town and get some supplys to rig up a temp(might use for months) dish mover with a push button and reversable toggle switch...(then again I hate to go to town and it is my last day off and I spent all morning looking for 129 with my old 2700 receiver and a 9" color TV outside :D

Last edited:
Outside?

WyrTwister said:
I am getting a fair amount of Digital C band on the 10' Zenith perferated sheet metal dish . But a lot / most of what I have found , so far , w/ the Fortec Ultra is scrambled . :-(

Analog C band is coming in like gang busters ! :) Luckey me , I am getting all those shopping channels , in the clear .

Kind of neat , watching the ABC feeds and some other stuff like that .

I am using a 30 degree California Amplifier LNB , if you replace your 25 degree LNB , I would be happy to give it a good home . :)

Best of luck ,
Wyr

:(

There are lots of channels in the clear...go to T5 and check Nebsat...even has HD! Also go to G9 and the wealth channel also in HD and regular SD...too much more to list! Of course there is always the "DOC" on W3! Sorry I do not have the channels at hand...use the IPG!

Regards
Jeff

WyrTwister said:

Best of luck ,
Wyr
Have I got a deal for you :cool:. PM me an address and the LNB is yours :hatsoff: .

Shawn

Last edited:
dfergie said:
Those Shopping Channels and C-span are sparkly free for me...My 622 did not come in so I might go to town and get some supplys to rig up a temp(might use for months) dish mover with a push button and reversable toggle switch...(then again I hate to go to town and it is my last day off and I spent all morning looking for 129 with my old 2700 receiver and a 9" color TV outside :D

Get what we call a four way switch or a doubble pole doubble throw center off switch ( if memory serves me correctly ) . Hooked up to the 12 VDC battery charger .

I just bought ( off of ebay ) a GI stand alone positioner module . Not what I thought it was . I do not think I can use it . it seems to do motor power and skew ? Connects to a GI receiver with a din connector and cable .

If you or anyone else can use it , they can have it for the shipping . ( Heavy -> transformer ? ) . Do not know if it works , have no way to test it . it has no front mounted controls . :-(

Latter ,
Wyr
But if anyone is interested , I will plug it in & see if it poweres up .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)