It's back The Cool TV

I am just about ready to see what I can get and what is available! At least temporarily so....

I've got a 60 mile yagi antenna on the way and will play around with up to 3 or 4 10' pieces of chain-link top rail to see what I can get... If I find this (KCTU) The Cool TV I will surely let everyone know! :)

I hope to know more by this coming weekend!! It's going to be kind of exciting to play! :)

Which model did you end up getting? Did you get a preamp?

Which model did you end up getting? Did you get a preamp?

I'm starting out with:
Manufacturer: STELLAR LABS Manufacturer Part No: 30-2440

At $27 bucks and both uhf/vhf, figured it was a good/inexpensive place to start to see what I might could expect. And if all goes well maybe it's the only one I'll need. I could be completely delusional on that I suppose but it's my first time and I don't know what to expect..... But Here's Hoping!

I did pick up the RCA preamp at Menard's before it went off sale... thanks for the alert on it!

Tomorrow the antenna is supposed to arrive! I still need to get to a builders store for the chain link top rails... But I'm thinking I'll drive the truck tomorrow and pick them up after work... or at least at some point before Saturday.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I still need to get to a builders store for the chain link top rails...
I suggest going to a fencing store if there's one around. They'll likely be less expensive and offer something sturdier than 16 gauge tubing. One or two steps down in metal gauge number are a big step up in rigidity and resistance to twisting.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I suggest going to a fencing store if there's one around. They'll likely be less expensive and offer something sturdier than 16 gauge tubing. One or two steps down in metal gauge number are a big step up in rigidity and resistance to twisting.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see what else I can find.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)