It's been a long time..

hpman247

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Hey guys. I used to be pretty active here, but college came along, and I've had to have Comcast for the past few years. It's been good enough, but I'm graduating soon, and I'll be moving back home for a few years so that I can pay down some of those pesky student loans.

Anyways, my question is that my mom still has Dish. We have the first Dual HD reciever that Dish offered. I forget the model number, but it was the silver one.

Anyways, since I'm moving home I just wanted to ask is Dish still better than Direct? I know it was when I left for college in 2006, but to be honest I'm not sure anymore. Then channel offering seems to be fine to me when I have been home (but truthfully anything beats the limited Comcast lineup). So if you guys could just point me in the right direction, give me some ideas about what is best and what not, and maybe about some upgrades I should make, I would appreciate it. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things. I missed this place. I feel like a newbie again hahah. I remember when I was actually able to help people cuz I knew so much.

...and look at that, I post and the model number is in my siggy. hahah. 622 it is. And I'm pointed at 129 now instead of 61.5

Gazing into my crystal ball, I see a 612 in your future (to replace the 510). No additional cost. ;)

$200 and you got it. You may have heard that TV2 is now enabled, but it still only comes with one remote.

That 510 is no longer in use. Nor is the 811. They're both sitting in a closet somewhere lol. The only receiver in use is the 622. Maybe I'll upgrade to the 922?

I am still using a 622 (as well as a 722) and the 622 is perfectly fine. No reason to upgrade to a 922 unless you want the sling stuff built in. The 922 was supposed to be the next great thing, but many of us have just ignored it, and gone along merrily with the 622 and 722s. And really the only practical difference between the 622 and 722 from an end-user is a larger hard drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)