it's been a while

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mr fran

Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
west side
i'm kind a curious what's going on with fta's now a days. the last time a knew, everybody's black out. some sites made a whole lot of money deceiving clients with false info. since N3 went into the picture, i got tired of waiting for their promises. i still got my receiver, i don't know if there's any worth to it. just a paper weight or door stopper since then.

to make my long story short, kindly update me with some interesting info's. i thank you kindly in advance. peace to all.

mr fran:rolleyes:

Well, first off, "FTA" is not the reception of DishNetwork, BEV, or other pay satellite systems.
FTA is reception of freely distributed signals on a number of satellites.
Here is a brief list of what you can see on Ku band from North America.
We maintain The List, which is more in-depth on Ku, and also covers C-band.

Global CM also has independent lists for Ku and C-band, too.
Lyngsat covers satellites world wide, but their lists are more difficult to interpret.

If you want to set up for reception of any of these non-pay services, we're here to help. - :)

If you want to get "All of the channels" take 12 volts from the power supply and apply it to all three pins of the large transistor located by the LNBF input.

If you want to get "All of the channels" take 12 volts from the power supply and apply it to all three pins of the large transistor located by the LNBF input.

I heard you used the 110 side...glad you straightened out for me....:up

And just to be sure of some semblance of quality assurance, test the unit with a Hi Pot. What harm can 5 kV do?:D

This thread is going the way of a Mission Impossible tape...

Lotsa good info here pertaining to the AC side of things, thanks guys! :)

Lets not forget that "other" type of current.....PLEASE DO NOT forget to install a DC block on your RS-232 port/ethernet jack, it's the only way to assure unwanted transients will not corrupt those bin updates! :angel:

Lets not forget that "other" type of current.....PLEASE DO NOT forget to install a DC block on your RS-232 port/ethernet jack, it's the only way to assure unwanted transients will not corrupt those bin updates! :angel:
One DB9 surge suppressor - and a DC block project too!:)

Attachments

• DC blocks,DB9.jpg
    DC blocks,DB9.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 118
  • DC blocks,DB9 + 100 pf 001.jpg
    DC blocks,DB9 + 100 pf 001.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 134
lol... in order to get the raw 220 go to ur breaker box & hit the 2 big wires, go to a stove plug, or a dryer plug... apply it directly to the c 13 & c 14 caps on a pansat) or across the big cap which is the DC bus... that will work also

It also helps if you plug in your Pansat and then submerge it in water. That will cure it for sure. Then go get you a Glorystar Reciever, point your dish at 97W and discover the wonderful world of "TRUE" Free-To-Air.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts