Its been nearly a year since I've paid my Voom bill...

Eric_C

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Yep...almost an entire year....

I picked up Voom last year and had rain fade problems. After several phone calls, you can look up my past threads, absolutely nothing was done about them, I was lied to over and over. We cancelled the CC we were using to pay the Voom bill and I called Voom, wanted to give them the new info but the CSR didnt seem to care.

I hung up...after finally getting completely fed up with rain fade during an F1 race I wrote Voom an email.

A manager named Phil, Paul, or Pete, forget which called me back in August. We went over all the problems and the mistakes and the fact I was lied to about the 30" dish. I told him the absolutely stupid things the second installer did when he came out to the house(Don Lorr in Livonia)....basically at the end of the phone call he promised me a new dish, and a credit for my months of rain fade service.

He then asked me for a CC number. I told him I would not provide them one until I had a bill mailed to me which exact figuires on it. No way was I going to get screwed by their billing department....

Well they installed the larger dish, and it did fix the problem totally. Then the bill shows up, XXX.XX dollars, XXX.XX dollars credit, but the amount due was still the total amount!

They do not leave a call back number and the guy only tried to contact me twice. I have no way to get ahold of him and Voom just keeps on coming on the TV. My bill is all wrong and I won't pay it until its fixed.

The biggest part of my problem was the installer who came out the 2nd time in May to put up a 30" dish, then lied to me over and over that there was no 30" dish and poured a glass of water over the dish...I took a day off of work to meet this bozo.

I told the guy at Voom I did not want them coming back out to the house so Voom arranged for a new installer, one they said they had good luck with. I was not home the day the 30" dish was installed but my wife said they came over, did it pretty quick and no real problems.

I come home to find the bill...from Don Lorr, the specific company that was NOT supposed to come back out.

Yesterday during 55mph winds the Voom dish blew over, my DTV dish which sits full faced into the windstorm didn't budge, my Voom dish which just peaks over the house is pointing straight up in the air...

I'm done trying to fix their billing issues and everything else...I've had exactly 3 weeks of problem free Voom service in nearly a year...

Dish can't buy them fast enough for me.

Eric,

sounds like the installer did a poor job installing that dish. In all honesty billing problems have haunted VOOM. I still wonder why some of us get a bill before our credit cards are billed while others do not. It sounds very simple.

I agree that this whole billing saga is really bizarre and a significant PR problem for Voom. I don't get it either. There are probably only ~40k customers so it should be a fairly simple problem to solve.

I had a billing snafu that was fixed in one billing cycle.

I wonder if drilling small holes through these big dishes would help alleviate wind load? the BUD's do it.

My problem with giving them the new CC number is this. If it was a one month billing mistake, no biggie...they show me owing around $750 dollars, in reality I should only be paying since last month due to the credit, but until I have a proper bill in hand, they are not getting a dime simply because I want something to show my credit union when, not if, when they charge me for the full amount.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts