It's finally all here . . .

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
dogstar1313 said:
Is AMC3 a notoriously weak/hard to find sat?
The footprint isn't the best. I'm in MN and its a bugger to pick up with a 30"

Once again I would like to thank all of the members here at Satellite Guys for being so helpful and not beating up on me when I asked stupid questions. :)
Thats what we're here for :)

How much is there to be gained quality wise by fiddling with the LNB location? When I set mine up (QPH-031) I positioned the lens as far away from the dish (Winegard 76cm) as possible because I had read several posts where people suggested doing that. Is there anything to be gained by crawling back up on the roof and moving it back and forth or is farthest away usually the best position? If I thought it would buy me even five quality points it would be worth the climb to me (heck I'd take three if it came down to it).

ALWAYS worth a try, move it back and forth in the holder and stand away from the dish and get a signal quality reading. I have found usually the LNBF is best as far away from the dish as it can go!

Another thing to think about with the Winegard 2076 is that the arm can be adjusted which effects where the LNB is. I adjusted my arm so it was all the way out and put my LNB all the way out too. I found that some TPs seemed to work better with the LNB slightly closer to the dish but overall "out" seemed to be better. With a Pansat 3500 you can adjust the skew for each satellite which might be helpful for some birds.

That's how I set mine up. I set the LNB bracket at the position farthest away from the dish and then set the LNB as far back in the bracket as it would go.

I noticed the skew setting in the sat settings on my 3500 as you mentioned, but I don't see how it can affect anything since the LNB is locked in at zero on the arm and skews with the whole dish as the motor moves it. There is no mechanism to skew the LNB separately from the dish so I don't see how this setting can do anything. Am I missing something?

The skew setting for the pansats is to control a polarotor (as is used on a BUD) and will do nothing for a ku LNBF.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)