It's Time To Help Those Who Are Helping Us!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stoker_x1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
US
Help yourself by helping out!

If you did the alternative work around and it worked for you, could you check options 6 5 and post how many channels your receiver is showing in the lower right corner of the screen.

If you did the seven steps and turned your receiver into a brick, could you do the same thing please. Options 6 5 and post the channel count.

If you happen to know which receiver you are using like 905, 920, 922, or even a 410 and know the year of manufacture, please include the model and date with the channel count.

If you could not make the conversion work on your receiver and you decided to do a master reset, please post the info requested above.

There are people working on a way to manually fix these receivers so they can be restored to the condition they were in before Jan 4, 2011.

This information could be very helpful.

Thanks, Stoker

DSR 922, Manufactured 2005, 4 step from my site, conversion. 4783 channels before and after. All is well.

Thanks for starting this out. We need as many people to respond as possible. There are question to be answered and manufacturing date is important. I can tell you that channel counts are going to vary with different receivers and dates of manufacture. Mine is different than yours for one. Will post that information a little later on in this thread. My receiver seems different, and we will see.

DSR 920 Channel count 5064 4 Step process TDT was 1920 in December so a MR on G1-3
TDT is now 1714 No date of manufacture on the unit 66 Sat tiles

Last edited:
Proton, let me try to understand. Currently, when you push options on the remote and punch in 6, 5, what is your channel count in the lower right corner of the screen?

Thanks

DSR 922, Manufactured 2005, 4 step conversion from Tvropro's site, 4782 channels before. Changed to 4783 sometime after after

DSR 922, Mfg. 2002 (Motorola), work-around conversion, 4782 channels before, 4783 now since they added TV Land.
Had to unplug receiver to bring back any FP/ZP channels after the conversion.
(This receiver already had the X4-C-band tile in it before changing the EMM provider)

I should share something about the process with you. After factory reset, followed the first 4 steps required to download FW to create X4. After waiting 30 minutes found X4 listed in list, hit options 644 and saved X4. When X4 showed up, before saving, my channel count was 897. After saving and checking count again, it was still 897. Exited out of all menus, selected X4 from sat button on remote and picture popped in instantly on channel 201. I checked all of the channels on my sub and they were all there plus DMX 900's. I did not complete the remaining steps suggested by skyvision. This morning nothing has changed. All is working and the channel count remains at 897.

I can't find a date of manufacture. Seems to have been removed. But I believe it was one of the last receivers built by Moto.

1. 922 - serial number 0428 12 6 05 80 00 136
2. Year of mfg: 2006
3. Trip counter before conversion: 1705
4. Channels before conversion: 4809
5. I did the 4 step process.
6. Results: It looked good, but then I saw that about 25% of my X4 channels gave me the "cannot find channel ..." message.
7. I removed X4, unplugged, re-installed X4.
8. Results: Everythings appears to work perfectly.
9. Current trip counter: 7
10. Current channel count: 4783

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can offer any additional help.

I know that people are probably doing other thing right now like watching sport or something, but the response has been slow so far. Those of you who are following this thread should point out in any other threads your posting in that people should visit this thread and post the information requested.

I have had some responses with 920 and 922 that don't correspond to the same addressing calls. I am thinking that it has something to do with the differences by date of manufacture regarding the loaded hard memory and not the info stored in the vol ital memory of the XC Chip. That would not be a problem in the long run, but it is information that will be needed to make it function with all the moto receivers. Might even have something to do with the channel counts too. It might also be true that I don't know what I'm talking about, but if there is a pattern, then we need to know that.

Thanks, Stoker

It might also be true that I don't know what I'm talking about, but if there is a pattern, then we need to know that.

Thanks, Stoker

ROFL - I love that :D

I haven't done the conversion yet, running a 410 and 922 so I'm one of the hanger-ons that will be crying in a week or so!

trinidex, Maybe not crying. My factory reset didn't hurt as much as I thought it might. Have seen several c-band channels and I know there are Digital channels on at least three sats now tested.

Here is my information:
1. DSR922 - serial number 0428 1242 6400 7147
2. Year of mfg: Don't know. Repaired by ATS and given new ID# in Mar. 2006
3. Trip counter before conversion: Don't recall - It was high.
4. Channels before conversion: 4782
5. I did the 4 step process.
6. Results: I got the channels, but on the wrong numbers and no guide.
7. I removed X4, unplugged, re-installed X4.
8. Results: Everything working perfectly.
9. Current trip counter: 7
10. Current channel count: 4783

For those of you who can't find the date of manufacture, if you can find the serial number on the back of the receiver on the left side, check the seventh number in the SR# and that is the year of manufacturing for your receiver. I'm not that smart, just read that somewhere today. My receiver was produced in the year 2004 with channel count of 897 after doing the steps.

Sorry that I didn't see that sooner.

Thanks, Stoker

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Attachments

• 4dtv.jpg
    4dtv.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 259
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)