It's time to spring ahead, DISH!

Baltzer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 23, 2011
NE PA USA
A few minutes ago I checked the EPG to see how DISH handles the transition to DST and it appears DISH ignores it. I remember last Fall DISH's transition to Standard Time was rather awkward. My old cable's EPG did it pretty well; in the Spring the guide went 1:00AM, 1:30AM, 3:00AM. In the Fall it was 2:00AM, 2:30am and then back to 2:00AM. Come on DISH, it's not rocket science.

Baltzer

DISH hasn't done anything wrong yet... if the time hasnt changed by the time you wake up in the morning, then you have something to gripe about. :)

Scott, are you implying that all recordings that are scheduled around the changeover time will be done properly? If that's the case I can live with it. Is the EPG's time adjusted ahead to 3:00AM when it hits 2:00AM?

Baltzer

Yes, the scheduled recordings should self-adjust, AFTER the time change. The only issues I've ever experienced with timers are the ones that overlap the time change, or are up against the 2:00AM threshhold, and then, only in the fall when time jumps back.

My 922 EPG has the entries 1:00am, 1:30am, 3:00am....
Mine doesn't, there is no gap in the EPG on my 722...however, looking at the daily schedule, Amazing Race is scheduled to record from 7:00-8:00 tomorrow night, so after the EPG time changes, it will correctly say 8:00-9:00.

I like having more daylight in the evening in the summer, and not having the sun come up before 5am...to me, that is worth the twice-a-year inconvenience.

To the OP...It happens twice a year. Haven't you figured that out YET???

dare2be said:
I like having more daylight in the evening in the summer, and not having the sun come up before 5am...to me, that is worth the twice-a-year inconvenience.

Absolutely! I like having more light to do stuff outside after work. Having the sun splitting rocks at 5:30 in the morning is useless. :D

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

The Fat Man said:
I wish that they would get rid of it, but keep it as savings time all year. I'd rather be up in the dark and have extra daylight when I get home from work.

+1

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

I say move it forward 30 minutes and leave it there Permanently. I don't understand why we have to go through this twice a year. It always takes a week to adjust your body clock and it doesn't really save anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)