J-Mount for 76cm

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Most 76 cm dishes use a 42mm pole mount. 2"(50.8mm) OD pipe will only work if the dish is on a motor or if a smaller adapter for the dish to mount to is used. Make sure you check the size of the mounting bracket on your dish before you buy anything over 42mm
(1 5/8") OD.

You posted your question last night at 11pm which is way after business hours. And its only 1pm now.

Mr Sadoun is a busy man who runs a business he is not constantly logging into SatelliteGuys looking for questions.

He will answer it when he gets here, or for faster service you can call him, his number is listed at Sadoun.COM. :)

will the retrofit dish mount, support winegard dish 76cm
and sg2100 motor, brochure says 18" to 36" dish.
does not give weight support. what do you think?

Hi there,

Sorry just saw your question.

I would recommend univmount I (#8) here Satellite Dish Universal and Roof Mounts

It is the same wall/roof mount that comes with the Fortec 80cm and 90cm dishes.

It will handle your Winegard 76cm and HH Motor fine. I always recommend this type of J-mount when a motor is used. The two struts on either side of the pole will give support and prevent the pole from leaning to one side or the other when the dish is rotated to extreme East or West.

In a motorized dish installation, it is important to make sure the pole is plumb and solid (i.e. fixed). Any movement of the pole will create problems in tracking the arc.

Hi there,

Sorry just saw your question.

I would recommend univmount I (#8) here Satellite Dish Universal and Roof Mounts

It is the same wall/roof mount that comes with the Fortec 80cm and 90cm dishes.

It will handle your Winegard 76cm and HH Motor fine. I always recommend this type of J-mount when a motor is used. The two struts on either side of the pole will give support and prevent the pole from leaning to one side or the other when the dish is rotated to extreme East or West.

In a motorized dish installation, it is important to make sure the pole is plumb and solid (i.e. fixed). Any movement of the pole will create problems in tracking the arc.
thnks Sadoun, just looked at the mount, for of all glad you got back to me, sorry for being impatient, i know you are busy running a business etc. my roof is shingled, slanted normal roof, except the plywood underneath, is not of good
quality, and lag screws will not work, i tried once with DN dish, could not tighten the lag screws. my system now which i want to install is winegard76cm and sg2100, I cannot place on side of house, as to many obstructions. has to be, at least 4 to 5 ft above eaves. thnks again. any other people can comment!

Consider a Non Penetrating Roof Mount (VMP-PRM1), Winegard 1 5/8" post, and 2 - 36" x 25" pads designed for peaked roofs. No holes in the roof and spreads the weight over a larger area.

The under eave mount wouldn't give the 4 - 5' clearance that you suggest that you need. Probably not the best choice for a motorized system.......

The eBay special is relisted.

The under eave mount wouldn't give the 4 - 5' clearance that you suggest that you need. Probably not the best choice for a motorized system.......

The eBay special is relisted.
non-penetrate will not work, as i Live in a Mobile Home Park, they would not
be happy to see cement blocks on top of roof, holding mount.
My last option will be to install dish on top of overhang eave, using 2x8 board,
and attach to truss, for solid support, with boards up to plywood. I think it
will work. also use a 20 ft schedule 40 pipe, 3 feet in ground, and brace
against wall, and to facial board. too bad the retrodeck will not work, as i
plan to use sg2100 motor. thnks for all the help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)