Jewelry Channel Added to Dish Network

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
The Jewelry Channel Added to Dish Network(R) Line-Up: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Jewelry Channel, based in Austin, Texas, has reached a programming agreement with EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH - News) and its DISH Network® satellite TV service. As of September 1, The Jewelry Channel began airing throughout the country on DISH Network Channel 218. This agreement brings the Jewelry Channel to more than 33 million viewers, doubling the Jewelry Channel's broadcast customer base.

"Launching The Jewelry Channel on DISH Network Channel 218 furthers our mission to bring competitively priced jewelry to customers nationwide," said Sri Burugapalli, president of the Jewelry Channel. "We offer a unique experience to the home jewelry shopper that we believe will appeal to DISH Network viewers."

"The Jewelry Channel is a wonderful addition to our current shopping channel line-up," said Michael Kelly, executive vice president of Fixed Satellite Services Business Development for EchoStar. "The convenience of shopping at home is yet another value we deliver to our subscribers."

The Jewelry Channel began broadcasting on April 18, 2007, and offers viewers a new experience in home jewelry shopping. Hundreds of pieces of fine jewelry are auctioned daily. Sales through the channel are in the "price-drop auction format," which means the price for an item will fall periodically until the entire quantity of the item has been sold or the time limit has been reached. In addition to live programming, the channel also runs short documentaries about jewelry setting and aspects of the jewelry business.

Oh boy, The Jewelry Channel!@party

Be still my beating heart - and pass me the diamonoids. :neener

And when's it coming in HD?:eek:

please say it isn't so. the part of this that bothers me is that there must be somebody out there who actually watches these types of channels. They just hope they never meet me.

I'm sure they're giving Dish a percentage of all sales. There's really no reason for them to offer as many shop-at-home channels as they do without some kind of additional incentive from the stations.

At least it helps bring our Dish bills down...or at least keeps them from going up.

There are other providers in US that carry BBC World, I am sure it wouldn't cost DISH much if they did decide to uplink it.

That's not the point. Getting paid to add a channel is completely different then adding ANY channel which they would have to pay for. I would love to have BBC world too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts